Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you notice more racism in paducah,ky?
yes and how? 2 66.67%
no 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 03:54 PM

121 posts, read 546,249 times

Advertisements

As for the sweet little old lady, you should respect her views since she may have been traumatized in the past. Plus, she grew up in a different world than we do. Everyone is brought up differently and we should acknowledge that. Just go out and make the best of your life! We are all free to move where we choose and blaming an entire population of a certain area does you no good and makes little progress.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 AM

38 posts, read 138,010 times
I have family in paducah and lived there for about a year myself i used to work at a place called reds doughnauts(if you live in paducah and havent been there u need to to its delicious!!!!!) and the people there are very good people one time a black teenager walked in with a white man and we asked if they wanted us to put thier orders togeather. They were both ASTONISHED to hear that we would possibly think that thier race would associate with such trash yes sadly racism goes both ways in paducah they whites hate the blacks and the blacks hate the white and the rich hate the poor and the poor hate the rich I hate it I feel constantly stuck in the middle beacuse the only peopl who you should truly hate without knowning are the people who hate without knowing. Im sorry for your experiences and I hope it works out for you and you husband

Hope it helped
-Nick Hood

Old 05-17-2007, 09:30 PM

5 posts, read 13,511 times
[quote=Coyote_Blond;552086]Some places just haven't caught up with the modern world. And may never.[/QUOTe
there is no such thing as the modern world. this is the modern world, there is no excape. racisim is everywhere and theres nothing anyone can do about it. PERIOD!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,376 times
That is really unfair to say that a whole town is racist because of a few remarks that a few people have said. I have lived in Paducah my entire life and some people are just racist it does not matter where they are. I take very much pride in living here. I am not racist. I work in a diner on Lone Oak rd and I treat everybody exactly the same as does everyone else that works there.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:54 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times
How many different people of color live in NYC? And guess what...there's racism everyday in a city of 8+ million people.

Paducah is around 26% black. It has the LEAST amount of racism in Western KY. The fact is that everyone can be put down in one way or another. Rich or poor...black or white...gay or straight. Please don't condemn an entire city because of the actions of a few people, because unless you live on a deserted island, you will encounter this EVERYWHERE.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,120 times
Hey, my name is Chris and I have experianced the ignorance or racism for my self. I was seeing this girl in Lexington KY, and of course we were a interacial couple and were madely in love with each other. The day I was leaving to head back to Iraq, her mother came in the home and chewed my ass!! She kept saying how I was going to hell for dating her daughter and all kinds of ignorant things. It to me is just sad how someone can call themself a christain but can not deal with interacial couples. I guess the world will never change .......

Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsie2003 View Post
My husband is black and i am white. i have never encountred such racism of all kinds like i have in paducah,ky.does ayone else live ther of any color and experienced this? it, amazing to me to hear a sweet little lady use the "N" word. apparently i don't fit their "sterotype of a white woman with a black man so they feel free to say whatever comes to mind. it's just more than i can understand. where i work, i've actually had white adults step right in front of black customers like they weren't even there. which i refuse to acknowledge them until im through with my current customer, and these people just don't get it. if anyone else lives in paducah,ky id like to hear your opinion on this.
You're full of it. There are lots of blacks and mixed couples in Paducah.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:57 PM

295 posts, read 974,254 times
As long as people can't/don't understand that there is racist people in every race, racism will continue to be a problem, be it Paducah, Ky or Cincinnati, Oh.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:11 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,084,935 times
The "N" word isn't necessarily a slam. Especially in KY.

While it isn't in my vocabulary, it's usually used there to describe someone that's "black". An arcane term that shouldn't be used, mainly because of the negative conotations associated with it.

Look, you can't offend me.

Call me whitey, a redneck, or a dork. I don't care. I'm all of the above.

Folks are folks....period.

Peace.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,159 times
Racism is just a fact of life. It's pretty sad that I can't walk thru the city I was born in or the town I grew up in without hearing insults and having my life threatned. I can walk into a store and be completley ignored by cashier while being stared at or even threatned by the customers....Yeah Racism Sucks oh yeah I'm White..................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky