Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,321 times

Advertisements

Never heard the term shell crackers. I do mean bluegills, perch, sunfish. Not very fond of what we call crappies or specks. I am just a recreation fisherperson taught by my grandfather, with the style of preference using redworms and a bobber. Very much an amateur!

Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,012,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromaid View Post
Never heard the term shell crackers. I do mean bluegills, perch, sunfish. Not very fond of what we call crappies or specks. I am just a recreation fisherperson taught by my grandfather, with the style of preference using redworms and a bobber. Very much an amateur!

Julie
I am not sure what a speck is but you can get bluegills anywhere and they are not to awful hard to catch

Old 07-24-2009, 04:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,510 times
I have a house for sale in the country on 7.2 acres about a mile from a boat ramp (Alum Ford) in Whitley City. It's country/victorian with a porch almost all the way around it (partially screened in). It's a beautiful and safe area..the sheriff lives next door:-) It's listed with Wright Realty and is posted on her website.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:20 PM

11,019 posts, read 17,405,692 times
I get people laughing when they walk by and ask what I'm fishing for. "Fish!" lol
We just spent 4 days camping in the LBL on Kentucky Lake. Bought some red worms and were catching bluegill like crazy! If we had brought some cooking oil and corn meal we could have had a big fish dinner!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:44 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,012,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I get people laughing when they walk by and ask what I'm fishing for. "Fish!" lol
We just spent 4 days camping in the LBL on Kentucky Lake. Bought some red worms and were catching bluegill like crazy! If we had brought some cooking oil and corn meal we could have had a big fish dinner!
I am the same way, I fish for what ever is biting lol I do have preferences though.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,169 times
Post Cabin Near Lake Barkley

My husband and I own a 2-bedroom furnished cabin on Cumberland Shores off of Lake Barkley in Trigg County,Ky. It is located on 2 lots on a dead end quiet road. Completely furnished. Has county water, mail route. Due to declining health, we have been trying to sell it. Only asking $45,000.If you are interested, can send you further details.
rascal04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromaid View Post
We hope to retire in the next five years and are thinking about Kentucky. We want to get away from Michigan winters, but still want something in the Midwest. I wish to retire on a lake that has good fishing, the problem I see with many of the lakes in Kentucky is they seem to be subdivisions probably with restrictions. We are country folk and use to open spaces (we currently have 17 acres). We also show rabbits which we plan on continuing to do for many years. So our property needs to be a place that we can have a small barn with "livestock". We also probably would prefer to be closer to Ohio, as there is a large population of people who show our type of rabbits (Dutch). The other possibility would be towards Illinois, there are some good shows there also. Most of the housing I have seen are on large lakes, a better solution for us might be a small lake, a private lake or maybe even property that supports a stocked pond. Are there any "lake districts" in Kentucky that would be more likely to have something like this?

Thank you for any advise.
Julie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky