U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
1 posts, read 1,836 times
Reputation: 10


My Husband has not seen his daughter in two years because her mother took her away from him to another state (KY). She told him that she wanted him to disappear from their daughters life forever and if he ever tried to do anything she would tell law enforcement that he had molested his daughter. Her father was a high ranking official and my husband knew from experience what she was capable of and he did not want to put his daughter through that. He did not want to have an accusation like that on his record for him and his daughters sake. She proved what she was capable of by having him put in jail for domestic violence (there was not one mark on her and he states he would take a lie detector test if they would let him) he was only in there for a few hours because she dropped the charges. Again, she was merely showing him what she could do if she had to.

Now, he has been miserable for two years and he misses his daughter so badly. He realizes that she would suffer regardless. His ex would not take money for child support, she kept returning the checks (he recorded her saying that she did not want his money) but he has recently established child support through the CS Agency. He wants to see his estranged daughter, what rights does he have? How does he go about getting this done? He misses her so terribly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 01:46 PM
1,712 posts, read 5,340,133 times
Reputation: 681
This isn't the right place to ask for legal advice. You might get some sympathy or some anecdotes, but honestly, that's about it.

See what kind of family law attorney you can find. Some even specialize in "fathers' rights" nowadays. I hope things work out for the best. These cases are always sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Location: Kentucky
6,749 posts, read 19,553,882 times
Reputation: 2116
I would call Legal aid and ask for advice there. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top