Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 08:37 AM

252 posts, read 1,071,523 times

Advertisements

ok........so when it comes to arts, and craft shows, concerts in the park, and things for the locals to do which area of Ky is there the most to do w/o all the traffic of a big city.
Also looking for biking/walking opportunities, abundant greenspace(parks)

These are areas I am interested in:
Berea/Danville
Bardstown
Henderson
Murray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 04:04 PM

3 posts, read 8,423 times
Talking the city to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
ok........so when it comes to arts, and craft shows, concerts in the park, and things for the locals to do which area of Ky is there the most to do w/o all the traffic of a big city.
Also looking for biking/walking opportunities, abundant greenspace(parks)

These are areas I am interested in:
Berea/Danville
Bardstown
Henderson
Murray
As a resident of Berea, I am a bit biased on this subject but I must say that given what you've listed as your areas of interest, Berea is by far your best choice.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 PM

329 posts, read 1,099,135 times
You know... I'm going to throw a wrench in there and ask if you've considered North Eastern, KY at all. How about Morehead, KY? They are in the beautiful, more mountainous region of KY (opposed to the farmland of Central KY), they have Morehead State University, which has concerts, plays, etc., is a smaller town of around 6,000 people, is on I-64 and is between Lexington (1 hour to the south on I-64) and Huntington, WV (about 1 hour to the East on I-64) have a great small town feel, very welcoming community, beautiful landscape, about 15 minutes to a great fishing/camping/boating lake called Cave Run Lake, has a very cheap cost of living and is within driving distance of anything you'd like to do, if you can't find what you're looking for in town. I'm moving there myself with my kids (10 & 2) and absolutely can NOT wait to be settled in. The community is wonderful and I think it's the best decision I've ever made in my 37 years! Let me know what you think!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:20 PM

55 posts, read 358,194 times
I would suggest Berea/Danville for what you state you are looking for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky