U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:00 PM

21 posts, read 48,642 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about ashland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:18 PM

1,833 posts, read 4,381,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4sir7 View Post
Can anyone tell me about ashland?
It's in Far Eastern KY on the Big Sandy.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 PM

21 posts, read 48,642 times
is it worth looking at? or just stick with the west. how bout louisville and lexington?

Old 05-16-2007, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
I'd also encourage you to check out Hopkinsville at www.movetohopkinsville.com. It's a medium size town, roughly 30,000, but relatively close to several larger communities. It's less than an hour drive to Nashville if you need to visit a metropolitan area.
"LESS" then an hour to Nashville? How freaking fast do you drive?

Old 05-19-2007, 06:25 AM

63 posts, read 207,462 times
Default Kudos for Cadiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYHummingbird View Post
If you are looking for a small, friendly town look at Cadiz, KY
Although I live in Cecilia (just outside Elizabethtown) Cadiz is and has been for a long time, one of my favorite places. It is a small town with a capital S, but it is quiet, friendly, slow-paced, beautiful, with plenty of recreational opportunities. It is even somewhat attuned to the internet age, as the downtown area is covered with a wireless wi-fi network! My wife and I have been thinking of moving there ourselves in a few years.

Cadiz: Highly recommended!

Old 05-20-2007, 08:05 PM

12 posts, read 60,306 times
Default Information on Cadiz

[quote=j.s.t;649403]I am from Western Ky so if you are needing any information-pm me and I can fill ya in!

I am so tired of the heat in Las Vegas....what's the weather like? My girlfriend is afraid of too much rain or snow but says she is certain she will adjust. I will be looking for cooking or general labor type work. She will be looking for a job in the social work field. How are the jobs in western Kentucky? We would like to live in a small place but one where it has jobs nearby.

We are looking into renting a one or two bedroom house with a place to have a garden. I look forward to fishing! What is the rent like?

We are thinking of Cadiz or the surrounding area. Please write back! Thank you.

Hereford Bray III

Old 05-25-2007, 11:23 PM

1,833 posts, read 4,381,810 times
[quote=Herford Bray;747613]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.s.t View Post
I am from Western Ky so if you are needing any information-pm me and I can fill ya in!

I am so tired of the heat in Las Vegas....what's the weather like? My girlfriend is afraid of too much rain or snow but says she is certain she will adjust. I will be looking for cooking or general labor type work. She will be looking for a job in the social work field. How are the jobs in western Kentucky? We would like to live in a small place but one where it has jobs nearby.

We are looking into renting a one or two bedroom house with a place to have a garden. I look forward to fishing! What is the rent like?

We are thinking of Cadiz or the surrounding area. Please write back! Thank you.

Hereford Bray III
Rain in the spring and fall, snow no often and not much at least in my area of very far western KY near the Mississippi River ... Cadiz is nice I go through there all the time, you might want to look at Paducah too there is a little more going on there than Cadiz and it's still in Western KY summers can be very hot and dry here FYI ... I've been to Vegas many times and it can be just as hot here with the addition of humidity. just so you know.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM

17 posts, read 46,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblodgett View Post
"LESS" then an hour to Nashville? How freaking fast do you drive?
Google maps has the distance as 69.5 miles 1 hr 9 mins and that's from the center of both cities. From the South Side of Hopkinsville to North Nashville it's more like 60 miles and very doable in less than an hour

Old 03-13-2009, 12:21 AM

5,337 posts, read 7,417,854 times
Hey, crawdad, look at the date of jb's question.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:44 AM

17 posts, read 46,488 times
almost 2 years...at 8760 hours in a year x almost 2 years thats about 17000 trips to Nashville from Hopkinsville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky