Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

CDF cant resolve the issue, neither writing the rep or complaining to BP.
illegal immigration is deliberate union busting. its permitted by the federal government who are controlled by biz interests who recruit mexican people to come here and work.
unions would prevent its occurence. BP law enforcement is selective.
this is being repeated in france. the only one standing up for the people are the unions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 09:11 PM

36 posts, read 109,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokygirl View Post
LAnative - Of course you are still welcome here in the Ky. Forum. I apologize for the ridiculous and rude responses from some of my fellow Kentuckians when faced with facts they either cannot or will not comprehend. I enjoy your posts and value your open-minded opinions. And you are correct, that is the beauty of City-Data. Thank you for your contribution.

Great response, nokygirl! You go, girl! All people have the right to post -- no exceptions!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 PM

36 posts, read 109,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
Funny thing is, none of you people would have the balls to say any of this stuff in the real world to me
Wouldn't it be great if the gays overran KY? I think I'll move there first and then recruit all of my ***** brothers and sisters to join me. We can gay-up the whole state! Plus I'll send out a super special invite to my gay Latino friends!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
I don't care how ****ing tall you are or that you weigh 230...how about we give you a lolly pop for being tall. **** any of you who want to bash my opinion and **** your ideas...the one who thinks he's the tough guy is the total dumbass putting his body measurements up on a blog...get a god damn life. Actually my girlfriend is from dfw so ill be damn sure to let you know next time I'm in the area big boy. Sorry, your body description sounds like your trying to lure me in to rape me ***
You have issues. Seek help.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,019 times
From pure unadulterated racist, to internet tough guy, to would be rape victim. You sir, need professional help.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:52 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,802,659 times
Quote:
I don't care how ****ing tall you are or that you weigh 230...how about we give you a lolly pop for being tall. **** any of you who want to bash my opinion and **** your ideas...the one who thinks he's the tough guy is the total dumbass putting his body measurements up on a blog...get a god damn life. Actually my girlfriend is from dfw so ill be damn sure to let you know next time I'm in the area big boy. Sorry, your body description sounds like your trying to lure me in to rape me ***
Come on dude, quit lying. There is no way you have a girlfriend.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,802,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
CDF cant resolve the issue, neither writing the rep or complaining to BP.
illegal immigration is deliberate union busting. its permitted by the federal government who are controlled by biz interests who recruit mexican people to come here and work.
unions would prevent its occurence. BP law enforcement is selective.
this is being repeated in france. the only one standing up for the people are the unions.
That is an interesting irony. The states that are most vehemently against illegal immigrants are also anti-union. The unions are really the only thing that will keep illegals out. The federal govt has proven they aren't going to do anything about them. The unions however could hold employers responsible.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:11 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
What unions?

The packing plants that employ ILLEGALS are the ones who started up 30 years ago in an attempt to bust the good unions that were in packing plants back then.

They were successful in busting those unions and bankrupting the good packing plants that paid a good wage and good benefits and never employed ILLEGALS.

The few packing plants that do have unions today, have a union that we used to refer to as " company unions"

Old 09-24-2009, 12:46 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Actually my girlfriend is from dfw
Whats his name?

Old 09-24-2009, 02:55 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,150 times
Quote:
...The unions are really the only thing that will keep illegals out. The federal govt has proven they aren't going to do anything about them. The unions however could hold employers responsible.
Quote:
The packing plants that employ ILLEGALS are the ones who started up 30 years ago in an attempt to bust the good unions that were in packing plants back then.

They were successful in busting those unions and bankrupting the good packing plants that paid a good wage and good benefits and never employed ILLEGALS....
Both are correct. Good observations.

One thing that wasnt commented on back when it happened, was that the SEIU union was a big backer of the pro-amnesty movement for illegals who are already here. This way they could organize this new workforce and push wages and conditions back up. They knew they could do it because the Mexicans don't have the anti-union cultural baggage Americans do.

That seemed a good deal to me. Seriously seal the border, up penaltys for illegals in a big way to make this really hurt employers who violate the law, and give an amnesty to those already there, removing the threat of deportation if they try to fight for better wages and conditions.

This approach satistifys no one in the debate, but it would solve the issue of having this vast illegal workforce (in place and as a future supply) depressing wages and working conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky