U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:56 AM

3,837 posts, read 8,183,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ler0719 View Post
Hello all. I am looking for home builders in either Louisville or Lexington. I am seeing that Lexington is much more affordable for new construction but you never know. I have found Ball Homes and Beazer Homes and will be visiting both on Sunday, May 27th. If you know of any other companies or have seen the homes the companies I listed have built please let me know. Thanks so much!! I am getting so excited for this trip!!!
I don't know about that. The median home is cheaper in Louisville than Lexington. I am not sure about building costs:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...705161187/1003

(stats from the american association of realtors)

Louisville has outstanding appreciation on the condo market right now, mostly fueled by the boom in our urban core, which is becoming quite vibrant all over. Louisville is a very stable market, and a good place to invest in a home. The market here is never boom or bust. Unless you make a REALLY dumb purchase, you will never lose money like is possible in some coastal areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 10:53 AM

57 posts, read 153,958 times
Thumbs down If your looking to build a new home beware of arbitration clauses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ler0719 View Post
I just read that TK Construcors are under so many lawsuits...now I am scared to buy a new home. Maybe new construction is a bad idea...anyone have their home built new???
IF you have any questions about TK Constructors just write me back and I will give you the FACTS behind the treatment from that company and have detailed expert reports and am willing to do walk throughs on my house. But you should be very informed when signing a contract and I would never do it again without an attorney present and NO Arbitration Clauses or MOLD.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:27 PM

If you want the facts behind Tk Constructors just look on this forum under my name kstutler and Tk Constructors. Beazer go here Charlotte Observer | Sold a Nightmare (http://charlotte.com/523 - broken link) to see what kind of reputation they have. Any new home you buy you will more than likely sing an arbitration agreement and that simply put means you sign away your civil right to a trial by jury. They can build you a dog house and there is nothing you can do about it. They possibly have a mold clause now too. My Broker SIbcy Cline let me go last week because I am taking a stand against arbitration clauses and they are in the sales agreement, and all local state and national real estate boards. Little did I know the clause is all around me. So I am therefore walking from the Realtor title. Please check out give me back my rights .com I personally will never buy or build a new home again. They used to build things with quality workmanship and now its all about the $ and they slap them up as fast and as many as possible. PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE ARBITRATION FAIRNESS ACT 2007. This will affect you if you are employed, buy new cars, homes, healthcare, day cares and nursing homes they are everywhere formed by big business and simply crushes the average consumer. Please write your representatives as this will take all of us to change this. Just my opinion but it was formed from true experience. Good Luck to you

Old 07-19-2007, 07:49 PM

21 posts, read 120,626 times
You can also research builders on HomeOwners for Better Building - Home and Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings.
Both sites have information on arbitration.
Read about mandatory binding arbitation and understand it before you sign the dotted line.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:35 PM

Bottom line brokers are no protection for anyone as they would sell anything to get the check. I know because my broker chose to remain loyal to my builder who for almost 6 years has never admitted how crappy they built our house. Code violations such as faulty brick laying and many others to many to mention. Our house leaks and is full of mold. They just sit back cashing the checks as we suffer. You are the only one who can educate yourself and be ready for these predatory lending practices such as binding mandatory arbitration in which we have and that ultimately means that they can build you a house not fit for your dog and you can't take them into court. You sign away your civil right to trial by jury so if you see arbitration in any contract take a stand and walk its the only way we will change this abuse of the consumer. I didn't mean to bash all realtors but even our small home town broker that I worked for could care less as long as the money rolls in. Even for one of their own agents.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:06 AM

4,807 posts, read 8,172,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstutler View Post
Bottom line brokers are no protection for anyone as they would sell anything to get the check. I know because my broker chose to remain loyal to my builder who for almost 6 years has never admitted how crappy they built our house. Code violations such as faulty brick laying and many others to many to mention. Our house leaks and is full of mold. They just sit back cashing the checks as we suffer. You are the only one who can educate yourself and be ready for these predatory lending practices such as binding mandatory arbitration in which we have and that ultimately means that they can build you a house not fit for your dog and you can't take them into court. You sign away your civil right to trial by jury so if you see arbitration in any contract take a stand and walk its the only way we will change this abuse of the consumer. I didn't mean to bash all realtors but even our small home town broker that I worked for could care less as long as the money rolls in. Even for one of their own agents.
You are welcome and absolutely correct to be angry with your particular broker, but how dare you bash every broker. It is like saying every Catholic priest fondles children inappropriately. Please tell your story. It is real and very fair to do, but bashing all brokers is irresponsible, even libelous.

The Kentucky Real Estate Commission, the National Association of Realtors, and the National Association of Homebuilders all have worked hard for years to assure what happened to you doesn't happen to others. I can say without hesitation, that the Kentucky agencies & associations that I have been involved with have done one heck of a job especially protecting buyers. It doesn't mean that all law breakers are caught, but like a chronic speeder, it's only a matter of time.

So, to those of you who have had a bad experience, please share your experiences appropriately and with fervor, but don't include and bash honest, integriable people as an irresponsible generalization!

Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 AM

If my broker was so great then their wouldn't have been an arbitration clause in my sales agreement. And if I could have kept my license active I would have but since every broker that I contacted has an arbitration clause in there sales agreement I was unable to keep my license. All to be true to my own beliefs and stand up for what I believe. And I do believe that the rights born to me as an American should not be taken away from me to have a job or buy a new home. Sorry you were so offended by my opinion and that is what it is do to true experience. I just tell it like I see it. The ACLU protects my right to free speech and that I am thankful for. So in my opinion I have a right to be unhappy with the whole group in general. The real estate industry has made the bed they are laying in. It took many years to bring it to the state it is at today. And unfortunately for the consumer much of that boils down to GREED. And FYI there is no agency that has protected me nor attemped to. As far as the NAHB they could probably care less as they also were contacted. THERE IS NO PROTECTION FOR THE CONSUMER IN CONTRACTS WITH ARBITRATION. You might think differently if you walked a mile in my shoes. So I should just be OK with loosing over 100,000 on my new home and that my children are living in a less than healthy home. And lets not forget the 25,000+ we have spent just to hold them accountable for the defective home that they built. Bottom line I saw my real estate license as a liability to my investment company. Realtors are treated like crap from both consumers and the fact that they bring home all the money to the brokers and in return they don't even get healthcare. They are the reason for the brokers income right? I also know that there are a lot of awesome agents out there that work there tail ends off and if one is fortunate enough to a good agent then you are fortunate. However its not the agent but rather the laws and clauses inserted by big business. So I am just telling it just as it happened to me personally and if that offends you SORRY. I unlike you described see myself as a very responsible, loving, loyal human that loves Jesus and do my best everyday to help make our world a better place. It is just not very often that a REALTOR experiences such a nightmare, but if you look across our country you will find 150,000 consumers suffering per year with defective homes. Yes the Ky. agencies and assoc. have protected the buyer from the average joe seller but not in the case of builders. Your a little to defensive and you really need to educate yourself in the matter and then you wouldn't be acting so irresponsible with your words.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:09 PM

K, I have absolutely, and I wrote that I don't have an issue whatsoever of complaining about your particular broker or arbitration. I hope you do keep screaming about those things that are wrong, but as I reported to the moderator of this forum, your indictment of all Realtors because of your personal bad experience with one is libelous/slanderous. Write and scream, I will be right there with you, but don't condemn a good industry simply because you drew the short straw.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:38 PM

I am not condemning anyone just telling it like it actually happened.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstutler View Post
If you didn't blast every honest, hard working Realtor with those words, I would hope you go back to a basic class in writing. I can accept your feelings, but not your excuse for poor writing style, nor your attitude towards Realtors and Brokers. You did not just tell what happened, your first sentence blows that statement. "They just sit back cashing checks as we suffer"
I need not go on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky