U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-06-2010, 02:19 PM

6 posts, read 23,011 times

Advertisements

I have googled this but not had much luck w/ finding out info..
Does anyone know if there is much of a barrel racing circuit/shows in Ky?
The area I lived in Ky years ago was all English riding, hunter and jumpers and not so much in the western riding and specifically barrel racing..that I knew of.
Now, fast forward 19 yrs and I am into barrel racing rather then jumping. We're considering moving to the Ky area, but I'd like to know if there are local saddle club shows or ? & what Kentucky areas are more popular for it?
Would appreciate any info, contacts or sites that list barrel events..
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM

5,368 posts, read 7,552,222 times
If you googled it I guess you saw this place.
Plenty Tiny Ranch, Barrel Racing, Horses for Sale, Bob and Marne Loosenort, Kentucky
This is on the Ky./Tn. line south of Murray. They might be able to give you some more info.

Good luck!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 PM

38 posts, read 117,560 times
Barrelhorseworld.com > Go to the forum and post if anyone from Ky
Barrelhorses.com> Big site
NBHA > National Barrel Horse Association > Big site
West kentucky horse sales.> Auction house for 35 years in Bowling Green can maybe give you info on local barrel population.
Any county 4h extension office that has a horse club sometimes has an adult leader running barrels or poles.Also a good source for a local saddle club holding shows.
If you own a Quarterhorse,Paint, Appaloosa etc.Call their state breed associations.If you run barrels at their shows they keep records of how many exhibitors per class.So you get an idea of how strong the support is.
We have a vacation home in Western KY.Carlisle County has a saddle club in Arlington that seems to have a good amount of barrel racers from Ky, MO ,TN. I would have to contact my husbands family to get the club presidents name cuz I'm drawing a big blank right now.
Almost forgot KAFS.net> Ky Association of FAirs and Horse shows,lists contacts for each county holding horse shows during fairs.
Good Luck
Just went to site kygman posted-Great place to start!

Last edited by wayneswife; 01-06-2010 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: I typed first and read later.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 AM

5,368 posts, read 7,552,222 times
You mean somebody admits going to Carlisle County! Wow! lol Grew up in Mayfield. Only times I've been to Arlington was driving to Columbus Belmont.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 AM

38 posts, read 117,560 times
My husbands' family (I love my in-laws) are in Carlisle County, so yes we go there.lol. We're in Hickman County.Very pretty area and alot of horse people but I don't have barrel horses so can't help too much.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 23,011 times
Thanks everyone. I had been to the Tiny Ranch site, found a few large shows listed on their schedule but, those are the really big shows, I was looking more for local area saddle club shows.
I found barrelhorseworld to be most helpful

Old 01-11-2010, 12:08 PM

Location: City - Prefer the country. People shouldn't have to live where they can't see the stars.
98 posts, read 170,510 times
Hi bosberg,
I'm a tired old can-turner and yes, there's a small circuit in Kentucky. You didn't say what part of Kentucky you're interested in, but if you're just looking to run for a couple hundred bucks and a buckle on a Friday night, there are several arenas around central Kentucky that host small NBHA & IBRA sanctioned shows on the weekends. Since you're not looking for that consistent high dollar futurity money, you'll find plenty of shows to keep you busy...
This is only the IBRA schedule, but it's a start: International Barrel Racing Association

If you scroll down to the January 30th show at the Red Barn Arena, you'll see a phone# for Tammi (they spelled her name wrong) Kennedy. The Red Barn has been hosting shows since 1998. Tammi is also Kentucky's State Director for the IBRA, so she would be a great person to contact.

And FWIW, if you're an AQHA kinda girl, you'll find Kentucky has some very generous incentives for Kentucky bred horses on the circuit.
Good luck!

Last edited by DerbyCityDiva; 01-11-2010 at 12:27 PM..

Old 11-22-2012, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosberg View Post
Thanks everyone. I had been to the Tiny Ranch site, found a few large shows listed on their schedule but, those are the really big shows, I was looking more for local area saddle club shows.
I found barrelhorseworld to be most helpful
they have barrel racing in lagrange ky.now at a 2 and half million dollard arena they just built next show is dec.9 th at 12 oclock you can also check with bluegrass saddle club in shepardsville ky, for their shows also some around bowling green ky. also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky