U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 02:24 PM

76 posts, read 339,683 times

Advertisements

I am from NY so this is going to be a hard one...I must find good pizza in Louisville or Lexington because I could eat pizza all day!! ...I need good pizza in both cities...I have heard of the above mentioned places..let me know what you guys think!! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 PM

891 posts, read 2,753,047 times
Lexington-Pazzo's, Brooklyn Pizza, Puccini's

Old 05-24-2007, 03:06 PM

79 posts, read 387,530 times
Spinellis on Baxter Ave. for Louisville...owner is from Philly for thin crust NY style pizza. Bearnos for gourmet style pizza such as pesto chicken pizza. Impellizzeri's has some different pizzas such as this 3 inch thick pizza with everything on it...they are known for it, an they have the thin crust also but no where as good as Spinelli's and Spinelli's also has good sandwiches - chicken parm and philly cheesesteaks...the owners parents also sends him tastycake peanut butter candycakes which he sells in the restaurant (tiny place) my kids like to go when it's least crowded so they can sit in this 60's something ford thunderbird that you can sit inside it and eat in the car which has a table in it.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:36 PM

688 posts, read 2,768,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
Lexington-Pazzo's, Brooklyn Pizza, Puccini's
I really like Pazzo's, and Brooklyn is pretty good too (if it's the one I'm thinking of near Ramsey's off of Man o war). Haven't tried Puccini's...hmmm...I will have to add that to my list

Also, if you're in the downtown Lexington area, try Goodfellas on Mill - you can drop in and grab a slice!

Joe Bologna's doesn't quite rate as "the best" pizza in Lexington (although it is good), but their building is very unique and a fun place for families.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:15 PM

282 posts, read 933,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlschr0 View Post
I really like Pazzo's, and Brooklyn is pretty good too (if it's the one I'm thinking of near Ramsey's off of Man o war). Haven't tried Puccini's...hmmm...I will have to add that to my list

Also, if you're in the downtown Lexington area, try Goodfellas on Mill - you can drop in and grab a slice!

Joe Bologna's doesn't quite rate as "the best" pizza in Lexington (although it is good), but their building is very unique and a fun place for families.
We loved Brooklyn Pizza last time we were there but we are going to try Pazzo's this time (and we're leaving tomorrow, yay! I'll give you a review when we get back).

We might even hit the Lexington Legends game on Saturday night.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:41 PM

6,547 posts, read 13,715,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ler0719 View Post
I am from NY so this is going to be a hard one...I must find good pizza in Louisville or Lexington because I could eat pizza all day!! ...I need good pizza in both cities...I have heard of the above mentioned places..let me know what you guys think!! Thank you.
Those are just a few places in Louisville. I am no expert on these, but the people at this website www.louisvillehotbytes.com are. As a word of caution, no pizza in KY will compare to that in NYC, and you will notice many people from NY/NJ post on that site will note that, as they have moved here (however Louisville is a top notch dining city otherwise, and has virtually ever class of food). I would seriously go there and ask them on the forum, or else view some threads they have made regarding pizza. From what I have heard, the best places for "east coast" style right now are Spinelli's, Hero's, and Luigi's downtown (only open for lunch).

There is actually a Louisville "style" of pizza and there are some great pizza places in this genre. Among them are Wick's, Impellizari's, Clifton's, Sportstime at the New Albany Brewing company, Bearno's Little Sicily, and Tony Boombazz (gourmet style). Primo is an Italian bistro downtown that serves a mean Neopolitan style pie, the way they serve them in Italy. It is the closest relative to the NYC style. Other people swear by random neighborhood places like Jockamo's or Danny Mac's.

I have never found any TRUE east coast style in Lexington (places that serve slices geared toward college kids do not count), but maybe one has opened recently and one of the Lexington people may help you out. Anyways, Joe Bologna's has traditionally been the Lexington favorite for decades, even if it isn't the best in town anymore. (I personally never found a place in Lexington to my liking, but I admittedly got spoiled on Chicago deep dish when I lived there. For that reason, I do not eat much pizza in Louisville anymore either).

Hmmm, all this probably confused you so...I know you are looking at the eastern suburbs. So try the second location of Spinelli's, on Goose Creek just north of Westport Road. Tony Boombazz Pizza and Vino is also very good and popular with families, and is located near Springhurst.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:02 PM

282 posts, read 933,747 times
It's hard to screw up pizza. It's my favorite food and I love all kinds. So, at least in my opinion, all the input is very useful and thank you!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,310,292 times
Impellizari's and Fat Tony's are good. I agree it's hard to screw up Pizza but stx hit the nail on the head - you're not going to get pizza as good as in NYC or Chicago.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:13 AM

79 posts, read 387,530 times
Smile Goosecreek Spinelli's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Hmmm, all this probably confused you so...I know you are looking at the eastern suburbs. So try the second location of Spinelli's, on Goose Creek just north of Westport Road. Tony Boombazz Pizza and Vino is also very good and popular with families, and is located near Springhurst.
STYX, when did Spinellis open up on Goosecreek..is it near Moby Dicks and Magias Pizza? My kids love spinelli's...I used to drive from Springhurst to Baxter Ave to get pizza!

I left Louisville 2 years ago and hope to move back soon.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 AM

891 posts, read 2,753,047 times
There is a Brooklyn Pizza near Ramesys by Hamburg. However, the one dowtown in Victorian Square is much nicer. No plastic tables or fast food feel. They took over from a more upscale restaurant and left all the furnishings.
I noticed that Joe B's had a good review in the paper today. We always order our pizza there with a thin crust and I think it is better than their standard pizza. Oh, and the breadsticks!!! I do wish they would ditch all the TV's though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky