Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 11:37 PM

7 posts, read 20,681 times

Advertisements

Alright so I live in Walker, LA, and I'm planning on going to Western Kentucky University so obviously I'm gonna have to move there. WKU is in Bowling Green, and I'm wondering if Bowling Green is anything like Walker? And if not, is there any towns around Bowling Green that are like Walker?

Also, after WKU, I wanna move to Memphis, TN to work at St. Jude. Is there any towns around Memphis like Walker?

And when I say "like Walker," I mean smallish town, country, southern.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 AM

666 posts, read 2,529,962 times
Bowling Green isn't that small, but it is pretty country and southern IMO. Its a nice small city/large town and WKU has a very nice campus. BG is about an hour away from Nashville, and 2 hours from Louisville so you are pretty close to good sized airports and decent shopping, even though BG has a mall. BG has about any chain restaurant you can think of, and a few good local places as well. You might have to be more specific on what you mean by "like Walker" if you want some better answers. Overall, its a decent college town close to many lakes, Mammoth Cave, and many state parks where you can hike or camp.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:20 AM

Walker is kinda redneck. Hunting, Mudding, Cowboy Hat & Shoe Stores, Horses, Grocery Stores in the Gas Stations, Truck Stops, Cow Sales, Barrel Races, etc. When the Saints won all I heard was yellin and gun shots. lol.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:03 AM

666 posts, read 2,529,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asherzbaby10 View Post
Walker is kinda redneck. Hunting, Mudding, Cowboy Hat & Shoe Stores, Horses, Grocery Stores in the Gas Stations, Truck Stops, Cow Sales, Barrel Races, etc. When the Saints won all I heard was yellin and gun shots. lol.
Ok maybe Bowling Green isn't THAT country haha.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 PM

...lol

Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,030,710 times
There are plenty of towns in Kentucky that are lol I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for asher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky