Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:21 PM

4 posts, read 5,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Anyone who puts any stock in something like this probably also calls that 800 number and talks to Miss Cleo about their future...lol. And this from a preson who puts down those in Kentucky as uneducated, rednecks...sheesh.
That actually made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Welcome Kentucky man!
My pleasure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:14 AM

Location: City - Prefer the country. People shouldn't have to live where they can't see the stars.
98 posts, read 283,760 times
Kentucky Man,
Quote:
I wouldn't trade my soon to be wife who is a "Born & Raised Kentucky WOMAN!" for a million dollars for some Mrs. Jones from California or some snob Yankee thing if my life depended on it. I love my Kentucky women and I am so glad they are not like California or New York girls. Thank You Jesus!
Well Bless Your Heart! Aren't you sweet, and I bet you're good lookin' too!...

We don't pay much attention to E'Ears anymore. dixiegirl7 nailed it when she mentioned Miss Cleo, I mean, he's quoting The Daily Beast. That website has been around what, a year maybe?? For all we know, that site could be maintained by 3 fat guys in somebody's basement...

He's this forum's Eeyore. You know, Winne's friend... Eeyore once said, "Pathetic, that's what it is. Pathetic." The he turned and walked slowly down the stream for twenty yards, splashed across it, and walked slowly back on the other side. Then he looked at himself in the water again and said, "As I thought, no better from this side. But nobody minds. Nobody cares. Pathetic, that's what it is."

But thanks for jumpin' in, and I hope you continue to post.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:20 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyCityDiva View Post
Kentucky Man,Well Bless Your Heart! Aren't you sweet, and I bet you're good lookin' too!...

We don't pay much attention to E'Ears anymore. dixiegirl7 nailed it when she mentioned Miss Cleo, I mean, he's quoting The Daily Beast. That website has been around what, a year maybe?? For all we know, that site could be maintained by 3 fat guys in somebody's basement...

He's this forum's Eeyore. You know, Winne's friend... Eeyore once said, "Pathetic, that's what it is. Pathetic." The he turned and walked slowly down the stream for twenty yards, splashed across it, and walked slowly back on the other side. Then he looked at himself in the water again and said, "As I thought, no better from this side. But nobody minds. Nobody cares. Pathetic, that's what it is."

Diva.. you're a girl after my own heart LOL!!

Kentuckyman.. I am not sure how I missed that part of your quote but amen brother! LOL!

Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Kentucky Man,Well Bless Your Heart! Aren't you sweet, and I bet you're good lookin' too!...

Go easy on E'ears. He is entitled to his opinion. He is biased but gives some decent advice when he wants to. I can't have the KY forum turning into the second edition of the NoVA forum (the stories I could tell you about that forum).

Also, I'm betting Kentucky women are a big improvement over DC/MD/VA women. The women in this area are the most siditty, overly diva, materialistic, judgemental, loud, ugly, and classless women I've ever run into (and I'm not just talking about the black ones, trust me.)

I'm trying to not be too quick to jump the gun on KY. My family and I did that with Northern Virginia five years ago (we thought it was the promised land) and we've been miserable.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:41 PM

18 posts, read 68,630 times
Nobody is 'better' than anyone else, simply because they are more educated. That, my friend is called snobbery.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:51 PM

4 posts, read 5,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Go easy on E'ears. He is entitled to his opinion. He is biased but gives some decent advice when he wants to. I can't have the KY forum turning into the second edition of the NoVA forum (the stories I could tell you about that forum).

Also, I'm betting Kentucky women are a big improvement over DC/MD/VA women. The women in this area are the most siditty, overly diva, materialistic, judgemental, loud, ugly, and classless women I've ever run into (and I'm not just talking about the black ones, trust me.)

I'm trying to not be too quick to jump the gun on KY. My family and I did that with Northern Virginia five years ago (we thought it was the promised land) and we've been miserable.
Go easy on him? Seriously? I don't know how old this guy is but if he's old enough to give heat he should be old enough to take it without someone trying to hold his hand. You come on here and talk about "My HOME state" you better believe I am going to defend it... regardless if you or anyone else likes it. I don't know where this guy is from originally and honestly don't care but if your unhappy about one place or another, what does a person feel they will accomplish by coming to a web forum and bashing the place(s) he/she does not care for?

I think he should post in his own state or the state he cares so much for. We don't need him on here and I am more than sure the rest of the "Kentucky NATIVES" who do love our great state, good and bad, will agree with me!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times
I somehow knew this would happen. Please, let's not turn this into another NYC, NoVA, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Houston, etc. forum, although I have the impression it might be on its way.

City-Data Forum is here for all who choose to voice their opinions, no matter how each viewing individual might choose to discern the objectivity or lack thereof of those opinions. I want to thank AlanBoy for defending me; I'm not offended by any comments here from anyone who disagrees with me, but I do also tend to give honestly and intelligently objective advice more often than not based on my experiences.

Lastly, DixieGirl, I made out with Cleo last night...and it was HOT!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 AM

Location: City - Prefer the country. People shouldn't have to live where they can't see the stars.
98 posts, read 283,760 times
Quote:
Go easy on him? Seriously? I don't know how old this guy is but if he's old enough to give heat he should be old enough to take it
Absolutely... I find myself thanking you for your support twice in two days. And really, I thought I was going easy. I mean dang, I referenced Winnie the Pooh...

But I also know from Alanboy395's other posts, that he said what he did because he is a genuinely nice person and doesn't want to see anyone hammered.

Now...all that said, I intend to hold my ground here. I've scrolled back thru E'Ear's posts for the last couple of months, trying to find just ONE GOOD THING he has said about my home state. In his head we're all either cliquish snobs, or illiterate, inbred hillbillies. So it makes me wonder...why would a person continually visit a Kentucky forum, when he obviously dislikes this state so much? Is it just to make sure anyone else checking out Kentucky will know his opinion? Is he just negative by nature? Is he hoping we'll all eventually get weary, and take up a collection to buy him a plane ticket to California or Texas?

I dunno, maybe Mr. Ears can shine some light. Because really, he must know that these things are going to be hurtful to the people on this forum that love Kentucky. He must know there will be people jumping to defend our state. To me, if someone states their "honestly and intelligently objective" opinion once or twice, that's a contribution. When they do it over and over and over, that makes them pretty close to a 'flamer'...

And I promise to shutup now...

Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I somehow knew this would happen. Please, let's not turn this into another NYC, NoVA, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Houston, etc. forum, although I have the impression it might be on its way.

City-Data Forum is here for all who choose to voice their opinions, no matter how each viewing individual might choose to discern the objectivity or lack thereof of those opinions. I want to thank AlanBoy for defending me; I'm not offended by any comments here from anyone who disagrees with me, but I do also tend to give honestly and intelligently objective advice more often than not based on my experiences.

Lastly, DixieGirl, I made out with Cleo last night...and it was HOT!!!

Aren't those 900 numbers you make out with instead of 800 numbers...lol. Maybe that's your problem.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:52 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:

Eeyore, what a perfect comparison. I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky