Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM

18 posts, read 75,518 times

Advertisements

What do you think? Relocating this summer. We like the more luxurious homes in jefferson county (locust creek) but like the schools in oldham better. oldham county seems very simple. are there any developments like locust creek in oldham county i can look into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 02:00 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dander22 View Post
What do you think? Relocating this summer. We like the more luxurious homes in jefferson county (locust creek) but like the schools in oldham better. oldham county seems very simple. are there any developments like locust creek in oldham county i can look into?
Oldham has lots of upscale developments in the 500k and up range. Perhaps someone else can help you with specifics.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM

18 posts, read 75,518 times
thanks, i looked more on the computer today and started at 1,000,000.00 and found a bunch of course. i was limiting my price to 600k and didn't find very many choices. i'll just tell the hubby we need to go up 400k more and we'll find what we like! LOL

Old 06-06-2007, 04:43 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,871,538 times
Why don't you look into Prospect.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 PM

79 posts, read 416,687 times
This website is excellent for finding homes; you can search by area, map or subs. Also you can specify price ranges, bedrooms, baths; etc.

Semonin Realtors | Kentucky and Southern Indiana Largest Real Estate Broker (http://www.semonin.com/RECoHomepage.aspx - broken link)

Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 PM

39 posts, read 150,512 times
dander ~ There are many upscale neighborhoods in Oldham County that I think might meet your needs. One is on the Jefferson / Oldham line and in a very nice area. It is called Glen Oaks and home prices range from about 370K to over a million. A few more that you might look into are: Heather Green, L' Esprit, Stonefiled Trace, Hillcrest,Briar Hill, Summerfield, Woods of Hillview,Ballard Woods,Longwood, North Ridge Farms, Arbor Ridge, Claymont Springs....just to name a few : ) Let me know if you would like to know more about any of these I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. I performed this search on homes listed between 400k and 650k.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:22 AM

79 posts, read 416,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips View Post
dander ~ There are many upscale neighborhoods in Oldham County that I think might meet your needs. One is on the Jefferson / Oldham line and in a very nice area. It is called Glen Oaks and home prices range from about 370K to over a million. A few more that you might look into are: Heather Green, L' Esprit, Stonefiled Trace, Hillcrest,Briar Hill, Summerfield, Woods of Hillview,Ballard Woods,Longwood, North Ridge Farms, Arbor Ridge, Claymont Springs....just to name a few : ) Let me know if you would like to know more about any of these I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. I performed this search on homes listed between 400k and 650k.
Not all of Glen Oaks is in Oldham County. Moser Farms is also nice, except there are some homes situated too close to the highway (71).

Jphillips, are there any subdivisions in Peewee valley?

Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4mia View Post
Not all of Glen Oaks is in Oldham County. Moser Farms is also nice, except there are some homes situated too close to the highway (71).

Jphillips, are there any subdivisions in Peewee valley?
Yes there are several subdivisions located in PeWee Valley such as: Ashbrooke, Lloydsboro, Woodridge, Bentbrook Place, Rosswoods and Confederate Estates, just to name a few. I don't know what price range or style home you are looking for so these subdivisions vary widely in price and age of the homes. Let me know if you would like any specific information on any of these, I'd be happy to answer your questions on them.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips View Post
Yes there are several subdivisions located in PeWee Valley such as: Ashbrooke, Lloydsboro, Woodridge, Bentbrook Place, Rosswoods and Confederate Estates, just to name a few. I don't know what price range or style home you are looking for so these subdivisions vary widely in price and age of the homes. Let me know if you would like any specific information on any of these, I'd be happy to answer your questions on them.
A few more are Shadowood, Clovercroft and Central Place..

Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,652 times
You will have no trouble at all finding an upscale house in a nice subdivision for $500,000 in Oldham County or easten Jefferson County.

Many of the subdivisions listed above are considerably under that. Confederate Estates, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky