U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 PM

6,959 posts, read 12,375,199 times

Advertisements

Kentuckydad, we go to Hopkinsville all the time. My 14 yr old granddaughter meets her boyfriend at the mall where they go to a movie, get a bit to eat and socialize with their friends before we go pick them up. We haven't ever had any problems. Our 16 yr old granddaughter that lives in Hoptown, goes downtown quite a bit with a couple friends. Both girls have cell phones in case the need arises but haven't had to use them...except the usual "Mom, could you bring me another $5?" I'd move to Hopkinsville in a minute. Yeah there are some places I stay away from there, but there are places like that here in Cadiz, in Murray, in Mayfield, in just about any town, no matter what size, in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,025 times
Hopkinsville is an absolute nightmare. Don't be fooled by the sweet quiet town fluff
I've live here 2 years and I'm going back home to Atlanta, Ga. Don't waste your life. Good luck

Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM

Opinions are like rear ends, Young lady. Everybody has one.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 939 times
This is horrible, it sounds like a parade of commercials for everyone's individual community. Draw your own conclusion, there are problems in every town, and if I'm not mistaken, there was a very gruesome and horrible crime in Cadiz just a little while ago. Hopkinsville is a nice area, and so are many other places. It is what you make of it. If you are truly a resident, then you will take action to better your community. There are good people here. I am one of them, and so are my husband and children. Honors students, and top athletes, thank you very much, and none of us have a criminal record. I was not born here but have been here 20 years.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:56 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,562,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady anonymous View Post
This is horrible, it sounds like a parade of commercials for everyone's individual community. Draw your own conclusion, there are problems in every town, and if I'm not mistaken, there was a very gruesome and horrible crime in Cadiz just a little while ago. Hopkinsville is a nice area, and so are many other places. It is what you make of it. If you are truly a resident, then you will take action to better your community. There are good people here. I am one of them, and so are my husband and children. Honors students, and top athletes, thank you very much, and none of us have a criminal record. I was not born here but have been here 20 years.
I thought that happened in Trigg County and not the town of Cadiz? I have been to H'ville tons of times and Cadiz tons of times and don't know much about either that well, but I would bet my entire salary that Cadiz/Trigg County has but a fraction of crime vs H'ville/Christian County.

And of course people are going to brag about their community.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 PM

That gruesome and hottible crime was in Roaring Springs. Climb over a fence from where that happened and you'd be on Ft. Campbell property. And the man in prison for that crime lived in Hopkinsville.
It doesn't matter where to go, every town at one time or another, has had some crime. Some worse than others but still have some bad stuff. And I doubt you will find anywhere in the United States that doesn't have even a little meth making the rounds.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 AM

6 posts, read 5,168 times
They call Hoptown lil Chicago. Gangs, crime, shootings, the school system if terrible. Low wage factory work( will probably have to temp to hire first). A town of 30,000 with parts of it you would never want to go to after dark. People may paint a pretty picture about the place but for such a small town its pathetic. Ive lived here for almost 20 yrs and sickened by the place. I live outside the town now and not soo bad. I have to say that the people are good and hard working, the weather is great. But i would choose Cadiz or Elkton or Russelville, Greenville .

Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 AM

6 posts, read 5,168 times
Lynn is a woman. Lives about a 100 yards from my home. She would be a very good person to tell you how ugly parts of Hopkinsville have gotten. Hey while your at it, check out the school system. Its the joke of the state. Test scores are pathetic. They are looking for the 4th superintendent in the past 6 yrs. They bus kids to other schools even when they can see schools from there homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or