Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:58 AM

295 posts, read 974,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Alright, folks, let's get back on topic.

We've established that EKY has problems, and for the 1500th time on this forum at that. And yes, as long as its residents can acknowledge that there are problems and they are willing to work with local governments and community organizations to heal the area's wounds, then it will be on the road to recovery.

Furthermore, I don't want our moderator, stx12499, to shut down this thread. He isn't a particularly strict moderator but he puts up with zilch when it comes to name-calling.
Don't worry about it being the Nightrider causing the thread to be closed. See reply number 18.

Oh and for those who worry about the Nightrider's ability to read, stop worrying. I can read very well, thankyouverymuch. I am very observant also, unlike some people who shall remain nameless.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:12 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
KerryB, you made some excellent points. Thank you!!! Now, while I am not trying to discuss the politics of the 2008 POTUS election, IMO, it was exactly what you wrote of that has led us to the worst US Government since Warren Harding.

KerryB never makes "excellent points." He has issues with Kentucky. Maybe he just has issues period?

If we have pride in our state KerryB, why do you care? Why does it bother you so much? That's very weird. Get a life buddy...

Old 04-13-2010, 05:38 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
UKUKUK, not sure where you are coming from, but every point you made is a "throw money at the problem" solution, when throwing money at the issue is just the opposite of what will fix all of Kentucky and the US's mess.

It's all about attitude. We must realize that there are enough schools, books, and quality of teachers to bring Kentucky to the top as is. The old story of being able to lead a horse to water, but not being able to make them drink is real. We must choose to improve with what we have first, once that occurs, we'll be able to make progress.
I lived in eastern Kentucky, there are no teachers of quality. Half are leftover from before you even had to take the Praxis for certification. The other half are in the general eastern Kentucky mindset of "we're screwed anyway".

Taking money out of our poorest regions won't fix the problem, which is what you implied.

That's just nonsense

Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Ok, I don't allow this kind of stuff on my forum. Be civil next time or there will be several permanant bans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky