U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM

23 posts, read 51,444 times

Advertisements

Just looking for a few tips on where I can get into some fish near Lex. Also, pointers on what type of bait/tackle to use would be useful as well b/c I'm used to fishing for cold water fish.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 AM

407 posts, read 759,580 times
Don't know about bait and tackle but hubby bass fishes and he says the best reason for retiring to KY is that anywhere you live in Kentucky you are no more than an hour from a Lake. I would think that Rough River would be fairly close to Lexington. I will let the fishing experts advise you on bait and tackle.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 9,462 times
My favorite: Cave Run Lake [url=http://activerain.com/blogsview/147722/kentucky-home-inspector-goes-marketing-fishing]Real Estate Blog - Kentucky Home Inspector goes Marketing (Fishing)[/url]- Guess I'm not sure how to do the link thing yet or maybe It won't let me because I'm too new to the forum.

BIG LAKES: Cave Run Lake, Cumberland Lake, Taylorsville Lake, Herrington Lake

LOTS of small lakes around. Most have restrictions on boat sizes and most also rent a small john boat for about $20.00 for four hours as do some of the larger lakes.

Beaver Lake outside Lawrenceburg, KY - about 30 minutes from Lex
Wilgreen Lake outside Richmond, KY - about 30 minutes from Lex
Guist Creek outside Shelbyville, KY - about 45 minutes from Lex
Jacobson Lake in south Lexington.

Baits are pretty standard stuff. Some work one day and others work another day. Just have to play around with them.

-

Old 04-16-2010, 03:22 PM

871 posts, read 1,332,982 times
i hear the dix river is one of the best places for bass and catfish. directions

real scenic down there. great in the spring

and if you get real lazy you can actually fish in lexington. the one by jcobson park's always got people

but id say dix river is your best bet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky