U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:29 PM

3,722 posts, read 5,477,919 times

Advertisements

I will pass on some weather stats/info for you...

Here is a map showing tornado frequency...there is that secondary belt in IL and Indiana and parts of northern KY with a min over southern Kentucky. These look at average number. Of course....all it takes is one tornado to cause devastation.

http://earthstorm.mesonet.org/materi...ornadoFreq.gif

Here are normals for both Murray and Ann Arbor (U of M) climate stations...

Temperatures:
Temperature Summary - 155694 MURRAY, KY

Temperature Summary - 200230 ANN ARBOR UNIV OF MICH, MI

Snowfall:
Snowfall Summary - 155694 MURRAY, KY

Snowfall Summary - 200230 ANN ARBOR UNIV OF MICH, MI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:34 PM

5,363 posts, read 7,539,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablefor4 View Post
Oh, How about Cadiz??? Are Cadiz local welcoming folk?
Is that area similar to Murray KY?
Are there rolling hills? Homeschool groups? Private Christian schools?
Thanks
Cadiz is where I live. Been here 6 years part time, 2 years full time. My wife and I had a long distance marriage the first 6 years. I like it here. We bought a nice 3 br 2 bath home on an acre for $72,000. We're about a mile and a half northeast of town. When I moved, we looked at some houses in other towns in the area and kept coming back to Cadiz. Once again I coudn't tell you much about the home schooling in the area. There is a big christian school in Hopkinsville, Heritage Christian Academy, about 18 miles away. Don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if they have students from here in Trigg Co. (Heritage Christian Academy | Hopkinsville, Kentucky | Welcome Today!). To me, the people here are friendly. I have a friend in California who used to be a regular here in C-D and is looking to move here in the next few years. She has a college friend who lives here, came to visit, and fell in love with the place. Yes, there are some hills especially as you go down towards the lake where it levels out. Cadiz is quite a bit smaller than Murray, mainly because of the college. If you like antiques, there are 6 antique shops on Main Street in Cadiz.
I'll let the Chambers of Commerce of Cadiz (Cadiz-Trigg County, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Commission, Tourism) and Murray (Murray, Kentucky - MyMurray.com) show you a little. I liked Murray because, around a college campus, there is usually something to do. There are concerts, movies, etc. In Cadiz, there isn't a theater or anything. Closest place for a movie is Hopkinsville, 18 miles away. I'm not saying there is nothing in Cadiz. I like nice small relaxed towns like Cadiz.
Best thing you should do is come down and spend a week checking out the area and see for yourself. Somebody mentioned the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, here's the web site: Land Between The Lakes | HOME

Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM

16 posts, read 28,828 times
Thanks for all the information......looks like we are looking into Cape Girardeau now as that is where one of the positions is located!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:16 AM

Even if you settle in Cape, west Kentucky isn't far away. Drive down and visit sometime. I grew up watching KFVS tv station out of Cape Girardeau before cable came out.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,127 times
kentucky is pretty much the ****hole of america. trust me, i live here.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM

3,722 posts, read 5,477,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMathTeacher View Post
kentucky is pretty much the ****hole of america. trust me, i live here.
I grew up in W KY....and the purpose of this post is what? Other than to show you know how to type

Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 PM

Future, I live here too. I have all my life. I've had chances to move away, but I like it too much here. If you think that of Kentucky, then why stick around? A place can be anything you want it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky