Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 01:53 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are looking all over the country for where we may want to move once we're ready to leave Nevada. We're not likely to move any sooner than a couple of years from now, but we're doing our research now, so we have plenty of time to gather as much information as possible.

I started looking at the Johnson City area a few days ago, and so far, I haven't seen anything that doesn't keep it from nearing the top of our list.

I don't really have any specific questions about the area yet, but I'm wondering if there are any people that grew up or lived for at least a few years in the southwest, and have since moved to this area. If so, what are the most striking differences you've noticed? Does anything stand out as a significant pro or con?

Ok, I lied about not having a specific question - I do have one. What are the options for Internet access in the area? Our business is based entirely on phone/fax, and our business lines are VoIP, so reasonably fast Internet that's rock-solid reliable is an absolute must. That's the one thing that will knock a city/area right off our list.

Thanks for any input you can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM

26 posts, read 46,558 times
My husband and I have fiber optic internet lines in SD ... we don't believe that will be available there, but we will find the best available.

I have lived in AZ, and although that would be my first choice, Eastern Tn is my next. Warm, no state income taxes, overall cost of living is LOW.

THe people are great, and the history is plentiful!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,625,586 times
Depending on where you locate, Charter or Comcast will be available as the most reliable and beyond reasonably fast.

If I'm not mistaken, Charter at least in my location, is fiber.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Thanks for the info so far! Glad to see there's a good cable provider out there - that's what we're using now, and it works well.

I'll keep digging, but that area is looking pretty good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol