Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2006, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,969 times

Advertisements

I am interested in moving from FL to Johnson City and need some more info. I love the area, from what I've seen, but my boyfriend needs some more convincing. He needs a place where he can go to a club and see rock bands play. So, I need to know whether there are any places like that in Johnson city or within 1/2 hr to 1 hour. Stadiums where bands play is good too. Ay help would be great! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2006, 11:44 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,235,098 times
Hi margaritachick!
Your boyfriend will be really happy after he reads this! hahahahhaa Johnson City has LOTS of music happenings going on. Here is a link to the local newspaper that shows the "music scene" http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/home.html
Go to the entertainment link, then to music. It shows everything that is playing that week and where. The more rock type places in JC would be the Sophisticated Otter and Stir Fry, there is another one too but the name escapes me at the moment. We have several large stadiums or concert halls, such as Freedom Hall in J.C., Viking Hall in Bristol and Greeneville performing arts center. All of those host many different type bands as well as Rock and Roll. There are other clubs in and around Johnson City, I just can't recall the names right now, sorry, but the link will have them all.
Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol