Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 11:17 AM

431 posts, read 1,219,140 times

Advertisements

I thought this was very interesting. Just thought I would share in case some of you hadn't heard.

My grandparents used to live near the mill and I grew up playing in Borden Mill park.

Kingsport, Tennessee: Borden Mill Time Capsule
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 01:49 PM

104 posts, read 160,340 times
Thanks!
I have been looking for that video

Old 06-13-2012, 05:14 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGal78 View Post
I thought this was very interesting. Just thought I would share in case some of you hadn't heard.

My grandparents used to live near the mill and I grew up playing in Borden Mill park.

Kingsport, Tennessee: Borden Mill Time Capsule
So interesting! Thank you for sharing.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 PM

431 posts, read 1,219,140 times
Default You're welcome.

I liked it but I did think they could have been a little more courteous to the lady who's father originally set the cornerstone, she seemed to be a little left out. I wish the would have let her read the articles. Oh well, still pretty neat !!

Old 03-13-2016, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,825 times
My name is Leroy. I was born in the village. My parents worked in the mill. Those were the happiest days of my life. I am now 74 and think of the village often. Does anybody remember Robert Russell, Duffer Wallen, Jimmy Cauldwell, Miss Wilson and Hotshot Boman on Federal St.? I lived at 1006 Federal. Does anyone remember the treat bags from the mill at Chistmas. Feel free to email me at [email]oleasler@carolina.rr.com[/email]

Old 11-20-2016, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,414 times
Default Borden Mill Village

Leroy,

Just read your post. I did not know any of the people you mentioned, however, we lived at 1249 Willow and our neighbor's, the Smawleys, lived facing Federal. Across from them was a family named Bowman,but not sure if it is the same as those you remember. My Daddy was Dee Byington. He and Mama met at the Mill. We lived there until they sold the Mill houses. Loved playing in the park with my best friend, then and now, Marie Gillenwater. Precious memories. Vikki Byington
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol