U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM

16 posts, read 20,296 times

Advertisements

Bass Pro Shops coming to Exit 74 area of Bristol, Tenn. | TriCities.com

Wow, big news for the Region. Sucks for Kingsport, I bet this is a big blow for the Heritage Point Development.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 PM

499 posts, read 315,965 times
Someone told me that Kingsport nixed BassPro when they wanted to locate at the I-26 xit @ Stone.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 PM

973 posts, read 631,934 times
Heck, could have used them the other Sunday here in JC. Plenty of fishing spots that day.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 AM

85 posts, read 175,564 times
Yeah this is a huge blow to the Heritage Point development im sure. What i dont get is they are using city money to build the road as we speak. If heritage Point was actually going to be what they said it would be then i dont mind some money for infastructure but didnt they make sure of it coming before committing all this tax payer money to it. I just dont see heritage point getting another movie theatre when there is one proposed at this development as well. I hate to hear about things that never happen. This seems to be a going thing for Kingsport always missing out. And if they did nix Bass Pro for wanting to locate at I-26 and stone drive they are crazy. It would have been huge for Kingsport no matter where they were.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:05 AM

This is worth a read . this is in reference to a devopment off Exit 5 though. Dont get me wrong i think its great for Bristol but just as black said it sucks for KIngsport. I will be very curious to hear what they are saying about this one.

Planned shopping complex in Bristol not expected to affect Kingsport's Heritage Point- Kingsport Times-News

http://www.heritagekingsport.com/

Old 08-14-2012, 06:21 AM

16 posts, read 20,296 times
Planned premiere shopping center receiving interest from possible stores, restaurants, movie theaters | TriCities.com

Check out the link relating back to an article in April. Stewart mentions that they are hoping for an outdoor outfitter such as Bass Pro, Cabela's or Academy Sports. With Bass Pro making the decision to go to Bristol I would think Cabela's is out of the mix. Academy doesn't really fit the mold of a Bass Pro from a major outdoor outfitter attraction either....

This is going to hurt the Kingsport development more than Stewart Taylor leads on. They ought to turn the site into a mega industrial park and create some decent paying jobs!

Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 AM

557 posts, read 708,099 times
Stewart Taylor is putting a good face on this, but they obviously would have liked to have had BassPro- and this is a major hit. Frankly, I have always thought that Heritage Point was the dumbest location for a shopping center. Its a bad location for a theatre, would have been better for BassPro than anything else I can think of. Now they will likely get neither.

I suspect he will make an announcement of something fairly quickly just to get some good publicity if there is anything at all to announce.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 AM

1,549 posts, read 3,552,200 times
More details...

As outlined, the proposed Pinnacle center is expected to include a mix of retail, dining and lodging, a 14-screen movie theater and a 7,000-seat amphitheater for live music performances, Johnson said, comparing the plans to the expansive Turkey Creek development in Knoxville, Tenn.
Developer first to land Bass Pro Shops among several local developments | TriCities.com

New development coming to Bristol | News - Home

Weird coincidence: Yesterday morning, I was at the same Well Fargo bank where Steve Johnson later made his announcement about Pinnacle. After leaving the bank, I took a car for a test drive down Bristol West Blvd., which cuts through the planned development. It's currently gorgeous, rolling farmland and and a very nice place to walk, but apparently not for much longer.

Last edited by kamoshika; 08-14-2012 at 09:15 AM..

Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 AM

I like the idea of a 7,000 seat ampitheater as well . This could be big for summer concerts if its done right. I would like to see something in this area be a premiere music destination for top notch concerts every year.

I hope Mr Taylor has a backup plan for Heritage Point but from the way the Times News article stated today (Sorry i cant link because its only in the print version) that this was the final piece on getting the border regions tax breaks and that it would be hard for anyone else in TN or VA to get them.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 PM

926 posts, read 729,462 times
Oh, well. None of these things bring the types of development this region needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol