Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:15 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,311,421 times

Advertisements

Have you wondered how many people are moving into a city/town and where they are coming from? I just recieved the stats for 3rd quarter (July through September) for people moving into Kingsport. These are gathered by the water bills. Thought some folks might like to see this.

Quarterly Report
July 2007 -- September 2007

During the past 3 months there were 538 new households in Kingsport. (Also, 387 existing Kingsport area households moved to a new location within the Kingsport area.)

Of the 538 new households:

217 were new construction
321 moved into existing structures

159 were relocations from elsewhere in Northeast Tennessee (within 35 miles, but excluding Kingsport area zip codes).
35 were relocations from elsewhere in Tennessee (beyond 35 miles)

26 were relocations from Southwest Virginia (within 35 miles of Kingsport)
5 were relocations from elsewhere in Virginia (beyond 35 miles)

96 were relocations from out-of-state (see detailed listing below)

52% chose to live inside the city limits of Kingsport
39% of new construction was inside city limits of Kingsport

Where did these out-of-state relocations originate? From 27 different states!

VA-31
FL-21
NC-8
CA-6
AZ-5
GA-5
OH-5
IN-4
KY-4
NY-4
SC-4
IL-3
TX-3
WV-3
AL-2
MD-2
MS-2
OR-2
PA-2
CO-1
KS-1
LA-1
MA-1
MI-1
ND-1
NM-1
WI-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 07:40 AM

383 posts, read 918,491 times
the one thing i like about continued growth in this market is...

it means we will eventually have a popeye's chicken, a white castle, and a del taco ;-) - i love mom and pop restaurants but sometimes you just need a fix!

(and maybe a bone fish grill...man it's hard to get a really good piece of fish here. anybody know of a good fish and chips place?)

Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 AM

Not sure about fish and chips, but there is a Popeye's chicken on Stone Dr. Just about a half mile west of 26 in Kingsport.
As for the fish and chips now that I think about it, have you tried the Boat Yard on Netherland Inn Dr.? I haven't tried the fish but I believe they have it. They also have out door music there on Friday nights.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:14 AM

7,534 posts, read 17,219,213 times
White Castle? why, just go to Krystal!

I know it's no Bone Fish, but probably the best seafood is Captain D's. Yeah, yeah, I know.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:41 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,867,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljay42 View Post
the one thing i like about continued growth in this market is...

it means we will eventually have a popeye's chicken, a white castle, and a del taco ;-) - i love mom and pop restaurants but sometimes you just need a fix!

(and maybe a bone fish grill...man it's hard to get a really good piece of fish here. anybody know of a good fish and chips place?)
You already have Krystal so I would doubt that White Castle will show up. I've never seen White Castle and Krystal in the same place, but I sure would love to see Popeye's. It's the best fried chicken on the planet.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 AM

mb are you sure about that popeyes? i havent seen one and it doesnt show up on their website.

the problem with krystals is their breakfast. NOTHING is better then a white castle breakfast sandwich....they actually cook a real egg..not some egg product or a scrambled egg type product. AND you can get an egg, bologna, and cheese for $1.09 on a fresh white roll. Fabulous.

the only place in the country with both white castle and krystals is nashville.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 AM

captain d's is not bad for a piece of fish but it's not the same as a good fish and chips place. there were a handful of things I enjoyed when I lived in New England...fresh lobster on the coast, the redsox, great pizza, snow, and you could get great fried haddock all the time..even the supermarkets sold it out of the seafood dept.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,935,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williboy View Post
You already have Krystal so I would doubt that White Castle will show up. I've never seen White Castle and Krystal in the same place, but I sure would love to see Popeye's. It's the best fried chicken on the planet.
White Castle and Krystal coexist peacefully throughout Middle Tennessee.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljay42 View Post
mb are you sure about that popeyes? i havent seen one and it doesnt show up on their website.

the problem with krystals is their breakfast. NOTHING is better then a white castle breakfast sandwich....they actually cook a real egg..not some egg product or a scrambled egg type product. AND you can get an egg, bologna, and cheese for $1.09 on a fresh white roll. Fabulous.

the only place in the country with both white castle and krystals is nashville.
Well shoot.......Now that I think about it, it might be a Bogangles? I always call it Popeye's and I have only stopped to pick up a bucket of chicken maybe twice in the past few years. I drive by it every day and now I am questioning myself as to the name, talk about CRS LOL!! I will make a note tomorrow as I drive by and let you know.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:14 PM

it's a bojangles. the closest popeye's is in wytheville va at a truck stop. i know...i've made the trip to get some chicken ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol