U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 08:37 PM

7,285 posts, read 13,914,540 times
I just answered you on your other post hahahaha But as I said, can't think of but a few and those have golf courses, not sure about pools and tennis courts. Other than a few in the Jonson City area that are townhouses/condo type, I can't think of any, but I will make some calls and get back with you.
Happy New Year!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2007, 12:43 AM

12 posts, read 28,605 times
Oh Kingsport is pretty, i was there in August, Took my kids to Gatlinburg, my son wanted to go see the sharks at the aquarium, we stopped in Kingsport at the Fort Henry Mall, just a small mall, but very nice, clean, and I always feel safe there, I take my kids there for Christmas shopping and sometimes school clothes. My family has always shopped alot in Tennesee. We can be in Kingsport, Johnson City in about 1-2 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions.
When we go to the Pigeon Forge, my kids always start crying about the time they see the red walls, I think they are some type of sound barriers, at the point that you leave Tennessee and enter Virginia, we also travel that way to Myrtle Beach, SO when they see those they know vacation is over!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 03:42 AM

396 posts, read 1,297,862 times
Default Hi, those pics reminded me of something!

Thank You Mbmouse, I think those pictures are very cool I remember all the church steeples in my pictures. Got a question for ya?

The last time I was thru that area I went thru Bristol, and as I was walking the downtown I happened to see some sketches in the chamber of commerce windows of the renovations they wanted to do there. They looked awesome, do u know anything about this, and if they were every implemented? This was probably more than 3yrs ago I had been there.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:19 AM

To be honest, I personally don't pay to much attention to whats going on in Bristol. I don't go there much and I don't like the way the town is laid out. From my understanding there are a bunch of political issues that stem from the fact that even though it is one town, it is shared by two states which causes a lot of conflicts.
From what I see on the news, Bristol is very slow to implement improvements, especially revitalizing. I know there was a public argument about what is going to be done with the old train station and that they were talking about making different shops for local owned businesses, but I don't think that has happened yet and that was about 6 months ago.
Sorry, I know that doesn't really answer your questions, but like I said I just don't pay too much attention to Bristol.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:31 PM

16 posts, read 33,239 times
do you have pictures of johnson city area?

Old 01-01-2007, 03:33 PM

yes, look back several pages, they are there. I have also posted pictures of Jonesborough, Greeneville and Rogersville...I think some of Carter County too...just look several pages back.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:53 AM

26 posts, read 77,155 times
I am SOOOO ready to move back to Kingsport!! What is the job situation there??

Old 01-02-2007, 12:14 PM

In what industry?
Check out the local news paper, that will give you a better idea. http://www.timesnews.net/
Unemployment rate is still very low. Some folks say they have no troubles finding work, others have a hard time, don't know if that is due to resumes, education, personalities, industry type or a combination. Kinda of mixed right now,some say great local opportunities, some say very little.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:33 AM

13 posts, read 22,587 times
Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pictures.We are trying to get an idea of what is like in that area and appreciate the pics.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrom1955 View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pictures.We are trying to get an idea of what is like in that area and appreciate the pics.
Glad you enjoyed them, what other info are you looking for? There are several of us here that are very familiar with the Tri-Cities. Maybe we can help you out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol