Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 06:28 PM

10 posts, read 22,861 times

Advertisements

I am pretty confident that I will be attending ETSU for medical school in the fall and I have been looking for apartments. A couple that caught my attention were Riverview Townhomes in Elizabethton and Brush Creek Meadows on Watauga Road. I was hoping I could get some information on these areas, whether they are in good locations, how the traffic is between them and ETSU, etc.? For the Riverview Townhomes, from looking on the map it seems that it is a straight shot on University Parkway. It also seems the route from Brush Creek is pretty simple as well, but I understand this isn't taking into account the traffic, etc. I was just hoping for some more information.

Also, if you wouldn't recommend either of these places, are there any that you would recommend in place of them? I plan on coming up to Johnson City to check out some places, but I'd like to have a tentative list before I arrive.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 10:27 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,784,379 times
While I don't know anything about those 2 choices, I like the location of Riverview Townhomes. It's right on the river and it's an easy walk to Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park. I believe the Elizabethton Linear Trail between the townhomes and the river already connects or will soon connect to the Tweetsie Trail. Traffic between there in the med school ebbs and flows depending on the time of day, but overall it shouldn't be a concern.

I see you're in Baltimore; I doubt you'll encounter comparable traffic congestion anywhere in JC. As a general rule, you don't have to plan your daily treks around traffic in the Tri-Cities, which is something I've never missed after living for many years in Atlanta.

FWIW, I've read good things online about Sterling Hills Apartments in the Milligan area.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 AM

10 posts, read 22,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
While I don't know anything about those 2 choices, I like the location of Riverview Townhomes. It's right on the river and it's an easy walk to Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park. I believe the Elizabethton Linear Trail between the townhomes and the river already connects or will soon connect to the Tweetsie Trail. Traffic between there in the med school ebbs and flows depending on the time of day, but overall it shouldn't be a concern.

I see you're in Baltimore; I doubt you'll encounter comparable traffic congestion anywhere in JC. As a general rule, you don't have to plan your daily treks around traffic in the Tri-Cities, which is something I've never missed after living for many years in Atlanta.

FWIW, I've read good things online about Sterling Hills Apartments in the Milligan area.
Thank you for the information, particularly regarding the traffic. Solely based on online pictures, the Riverview Townhomes are one of my top choices to visit, the area looks beautiful. I was just worried about the distance. You are probably right though, after experiencing city traffic it will probably be nothing.

I'm from a small town in TN, and after living in the city for the past couple years, I am excited to be back in TN. I'm just struggling with whether I should live closer to the school or not. I'll definitely check out Sterling Hills! Any other information or apartments/locations would be welcome! Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol