Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:03 AM

8 posts, read 9,938 times

Advertisements

DubbleT I agree with you. We actually lives in Oxford MS and we were often in Memphis. We had a hard time finding a decent school in MS and it led to a very long commute for my husband. We're trying to avoid that this time.

I think my daughter has a good head on her shoulders, and the friends she makes are lovely. I hope she continues to make the same kinds of friends with this move. My two oldest kids are in gifted, and they want to test our youngest. The only worry I have there is sometimes they get bored and that's never good. I guess I'm just hoping to find a district to challenge them. But I know that regardless of the school they go to we can make it work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 07:52 AM

34,875 posts, read 30,974,907 times
If you're looking for a gifted program, I'd almost 100% recommend the city schools. Like jabogitlu and I mentioned (we're close to the same age, so things may have changed in the last ten years or so), the county school had basic AP offerings, but the city schools offered a lot more not only academically, but as far as extracurriculars as well.

Look at the AP offerings D-B has. Central had none of the languages or social science options.

Dobyns-Bennett High School - AP Courses

I know Dobyns-Bennett has a high school wrestling program that at least Central didn't have. You'll find a lot of differences like that the more you look.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:58 PM

8 posts, read 9,938 times
Thank you all for your help. We ended up finding a lovely house inside Johnson city. We lucked out and are excited that the kids will be going to the city Schools. The area is quite nice too. Looking forward to the move this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol