Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:40 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times

Advertisements

I called a few apartment complexes and talked to a few people in the Kingsport area. Everyone was so nice I have to ask, are you all on medication? Just kidding. I did find a short term, (3 mos), apartment complex that looks good. I just thought I would ask if anyone can suggest any other place for temporary housing. I thought a months stay would be long enough to learn what I need to know and shop for a house. Motels get a little pricey at that point. I thought about extended stay motels but I was hoping someone might offer other suggestions. BTW, I travel with a well behaved min. schnauzer.
Thanks,
Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 05:51 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Here is a site that might help you out. It is a listing of Kingsport hotels, campgrounds, extended stays, B&B's and such. I was looking for the site address for the Bradford Place rentals as those were the only temp housing I knew of in the area. However their web site listed on here doesn't work. I know they moved their main office but I would say the phone number is still correct. If not, let me know I see if I can get it for you. But there maybe some others on this list that may work for you.
Hope this helps.....no meds here hahahahhaha
Kingsport, Tennessee Hotels, Motels, Bed and Breakfast Inns, Campgrounds

Last edited by mbmouse; 02-04-2008 at 09:20 PM..

Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 PM

239 posts, read 699,211 times
Default Short Term Apartments

I don't know if you are interested in Johnson City, but my husband stayed here for a couple months before we moved here and the owners were super nice and the apartments were very nice also.

Chilhowie Executive Apartments

Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Thanks to both of you!
Great leads and I will call tomorrow.

Don

Old 02-05-2008, 11:52 PM

100 posts, read 354,397 times
Default Short term leasing

Extended Stay Suites in Kingsport, Tennessee - Temporary corporate housing, furnished apartments - The Suites at Bradford Place in Kingsport Tennesse - Home Page

I talked to this place about renting when we were selling our house and buying a new one. They have monthly options and are fully furnished where you could leave your things in storage if you wanted. Jope this helps

Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 15,493 times
i am in college at northeast state. i am looking for a place i can stay at for three months, i am not looking for over priced. maybe a place i can work a low deal into play. i am just waiting to transfer back to florida. thank you

Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
Hmmm, some places have 3-month leases. You'd just have to apartment hunt the old fashioned way and ask about them.

Or there's the Value-thingy hotel off the Boones Creek Exit. Right on I-26, straight shot to I-81. I think it's like $119 a week?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
$189 a week @ the Value Place, still it was the cheapest I found in the tri-cities area, unless you are willing to do the 3 month leases at a couple of apartment complexes. Even then the apartments weren't that much cheaper than Value Place.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 30,070 times
I have a question to add to this ... I am going to be relocating to this area.. unfortunately all of our things will go into storage until we can find a temp. place. Where are there places on a month to month basis? In case we dont find anything until say 2 months after we get there. We dont own pets! Thanks!

Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 30,070 times
I have a question to add to this ... I am going to be relocating to this area.. unfortunately all of our things will go into storage until we can find a temp. place. Where are there places on a month to month basis? In case we dont find anything until say 2 months after we get there. We dont own pets! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol