Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 11:38 AM

67 posts, read 236,934 times

Advertisements

Okay my husband finally got a job up there. We have been posting & reading posts for about a year. He is in IT & some of you may have remembered my plea about not finding much in that area. We are taking a pay cut, but found a job & now we just have to accomplish moving our whole house/life up there. I am so excited though, but we are tight on time. We are supposed to be up there first of June. Meanwhile trying to pack & decide which moving company to use. We have help so we are going to rent a One Way truck. Any advice on which ones in the area are recommended. There are a slew of them in Atlanta & I heard Ryder was the best, but they are not one way. So I guess we are left with Uhaul, Penske, & ??? I am trying to make sure I check all of them to get the best. I think Penske sounds safer so far. They have newer trucks. I have heard a few stories about people breaking down with Uhauls & all their wordly possessions. I have all the boxes & now I just need to figure out the rest of the details. I have not lived there in 12 years so I am sure there are different companies than I remember. If there is a good one I am missing checking with that someone has used please let me know. We have a place to stay with family temporarily & will be storing our stuff til we sell our house & find another one. We may need to get a storage unit. I guess that depends on what we end up taking. We are in a 3BR/3BA now, but will be downsizing some definitely. Any advice on what to do first would be helped. I have been scouring the internet & learned a lot, but this was only made a sure thing yesterday so I am in that excited yet panicked mode.

Thanks!

Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 05:42 AM

43 posts, read 133,766 times
I'm not sure if you are able to budget using them, but the easiest move I ever made was using PODS. It was SO worth the extra money. We loaded everything in the container(s), then they held everything at their indoor storage. When we were ready at our new home, we called and had our things delivered. SO SO EASY!! We didn't want to have to pack our things into a truck, unload a truck, pack into storage, unpack storage, then to a new home. Good luck with your move. I moved back to Kingsport after being away for many years and finally feel like I am home for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol