U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-15-2008, 06:28 AM

105 posts, read 378,906 times
Default Greeneville Iris Festival 5/17-5/18

Will any of y'all be there? My sister sets up as a vendor and my hubby and I are going up this year to help her. I am excited about it as it will give us another chance to look around. When we came up a couple of months ago to check out Jonesborough and JC, we actually liked the feel of Greeneville better.

Any suggestions of things to do while we're there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 06:37 AM

1,065 posts, read 2,512,932 times
I might try to come down Sunday, but I'm participating in our Church's golf tournement on Saturday, They are also having The Highland Games in Gatlinburg this weekend which is always fun.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:16 AM

What are The Highland Games?

I LOVE Gatlinburg and the Smokies! That is another reason I want to move up your way so badly. I've always wanted to live near the mountains and we're at a time in our life where the move is feasible.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 PM

5,452 posts, read 8,852,626 times
I grew up in Greeneville, so I'll probably be there for the festival.

If you like old country music, Ronnie Milsap will be there on the 17th at the Greeneville NPAC. Ew for me, but everybody has different tastes.

Also during the festival will be different bluegrass performers at the Capitol Theater, which is right downtown. (Jammin' at the Capitol | Concert Series | The Capitol Theatre of Greeneville (http://www.capitoltheatreofgreeneville.com/concert/showDetails.php?show_id=17 - broken link)) All three of the acts listed are very good regional groups. And there's a jam session afterwards, so bring yer banjer.

There's also antique shops, galleries and boutiques downtown, and you could grab lunch at the General Morgan. Or take a tour of the Andrew Johnson National Historic Site. This link might help get you started:

Welcome to Historic Greeneville (broken link)

Or you could run up to Erwin and do some whitewater rafting (it's awesome!): Nolichucky River rafting, Tennessee whitewater rafting, North Carolina whitewater rafting

Old 05-15-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I grew up in Greeneville, so I'll probably be there for the festival.

If you like old country music, Ronnie Milsap will be there on the 17th at the Greeneville NPAC. Ew for me, but everybody has different tastes.

Also during the festival will be different bluegrass performers at the Capitol Theater, which is right downtown. (Jammin' at the Capitol | Concert Series | The Capitol Theatre of Greeneville (http://www.capitoltheatreofgreeneville.com/concert/showDetails.php?show_id=17 - broken link)) All three of the acts listed are very good regional groups. And there's a jam session afterwards, so bring yer banjer.

There's also antique shops, galleries and boutiques downtown, and you could grab lunch at the General Morgan. Or take a tour of the Andrew Johnson National Historic Site. This link might help get you started:

Welcome to Historic Greeneville (broken link)

Or you could run up to Erwin and do some whitewater rafting (it's awesome!): Nolichucky River rafting, Tennessee whitewater rafting, North Carolina whitewater rafting
Thanks! I'll hang onto this info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol