Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2007, 07:02 AM

6 posts, read 15,649 times

Advertisements

Hello there! I was hoping to receive some input on the Tri-City area in Tennessee. We live in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and are seriously considering moving out of here. Insurance rates are very high, taxes are very high. Don't want to deal with anymore hurricanes!!! We have property in Johnson City. Any tips on nice areas to raise a family. We have two small children, looking for good schools, of course, nice friendly, family-oriented neighborhood. Would like to have things to do with kids (shopping mall, parks, movie theaters) Please help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 08:10 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,515,547 times
Smile wow-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaKate View Post
Hello there! I was hoping to receive some input on the Tri-City area in Tennessee. We live in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and are seriously considering moving out of here. Insurance rates are very high, taxes are very high. Don't want to deal with anymore hurricanes!!! We have property in Johnson City. Any tips on nice areas to raise a family. We have two small children, looking for good schools, of course, nice friendly, family-oriented neighborhood. Would like to have things to do with kids (shopping mall, parks, movie theaters) Please help!!!
so many moving here. We moved from Boca Raton to Johnson City. What is it like where you are now? PM me if you like. Basically Johnson City and Kingsport have good schools-nice houses (not gated) communities. Do you have a house here already? You probably already know about the school system, etc. Good luck!

sunny

Old 02-07-2007, 01:32 PM

7 posts, read 20,357 times
We lived in Tampa 200-2003, Atlanta 2003-2006 and moved to Kingsport last year. Because of the kids, we chose the school system first and house second. We did want to move to Johnson City so badly because of the large number of nice homes for sale in nice subdivision but I just didn't think the schools were as good as in Kingsport (although they are good). Everyone says the shopping is better in Johnson City but quite honestly, I am used to driving 15-20 minutes anyway when we were in Atlanta and Tampa. Also, Kingsport is getting a brand new Target, Kohls, Starbucks this year. So, once those are built, the only thing Johnson City has is perhaps a Best Buy and Talbots clothing store and a Sam's Club. I am not going to let that be my deciding factor. The layout of the town is much more attractive once that is complete. Bottom line is Kingsport City schools are superior and my 3 kids are well-challenged here.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,240,213 times
As far as shopping goes if there is that one store you want to go to but you live in Kingsport, Johnson City is only a 20-30 (depending where you start from) drive away. No biggie as it is a very pretty drive.
I agree either Washington COUNTY or Kingsport CITY schools are some of the best around.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 AM

150 posts, read 425,156 times
That's hilarious. I live in Miami and I too can't wait to get out. Housing costs, car insurance, hurricanes, millions of people. I am applying to ETSU/pharmacy and looking forward to living in the mountains instead of on the beach.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:27 PM

4 posts, read 11,854 times
I just moved up here from Plantation!!!! What's with the mass exodus?

Oh yeah, I forgot... Florida is going to hell.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:10 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,240,213 times
Welcome to TN! What do you think so far? Where did you end up?

Old 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM

77 posts, read 245,367 times
Default Welcome

Welcome Floridians - I too, and from S. FL (Margate) - I've been here for almost 3 years - and don't know why I didn't get here sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol