Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:00 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times

Advertisements

Taking the back way to Elizabethton this evening... snapped some quick photos.... not the best, but we were moving....

The last five are entering Elizabethton from 19E (Bristol way)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:20 AM

37 posts, read 119,733 times
Tennesseestorm, great pics......thank-you for sharing! I see your fall colors are starting to pop as ours are here in New York.
We will be arriving Elizabethton via 19E on the 20th, so I really appreciate be able to see it through your lens! Also, we are planning on going to the Ridgewood Barbecue in Bluff City......scenery is just beautiful: hope I have enough film packed!!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
I'm jealous! I can't wait to arrive in the Tri-Cities on October 25th!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:19 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
How funny, different perspectives depending on where you live. I think of Bluff City as northeast Johnson City.

Great pix, btw!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante56 View Post
Tennesseestorm, great pics......thank-you for sharing! I see your fall colors are starting to pop as ours are here in New York.
We will be arriving Elizabethton via 19E on the 20th, so I really appreciate be able to see it through your lens! Also, we are planning on going to the Ridgewood Barbecue in Bluff City......scenery is just beautiful: hope I have enough film packed!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I'm jealous! I can't wait to arrive in the Tri-Cities on October 25th!
Your welcome... they should be "peak" by then. Unfortunately I will not be here from the 17th-21st because I am going to visit some relatives in western South Carolina (where the leaves are probably still mostly green), but hope some nice colors abound in western North Carolina on the trip down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
How funny, different perspectives depending on where you live. I think of Bluff City as northeast Johnson City.

Great pix, btw!
LOL, I know it. Well we kinda started off in southeast Bristol, then worked westward to Bluff City, then on into 19E and headed to Elizabethton.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:09 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,806,301 times
Excellent photos, Tennesseestorm, especially considering you were on the move!

Have you made up to Bays Mountain this month? I was there yesterday, foliage around the lake is near peak.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 AM

92 posts, read 316,942 times
Wow....even the dead produce garbage! (the can in front of the cemetery.) LOL!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 AM

LOL - I know it! Yeah and driving, so I have to be careful. I rarely took my eyes off of the road, so I am snapping photos without even looking.

Yes, we made it to Bays Mountain - thank you. We went on Sunday the 5th I think. I posted some photos somewhere in reply to one of your posts... you may have missed it.

We had a very nice time, but I did not ever find the area with the Bald Cypress trees, but I did find some swampy areas. We did alot of walking and after a couple of hours, we had to leave. I had forgot how many trails they were. I also mentioned that I was amazed by the large amount of Loblolly pines that graces the forest there... I had no idea there was so many of those pines in there. Strange you do not see these trees in the area in general. We have some stands of them in Bristol, but Kingsport seems to be really much more populated with them for some reason. I have many on my land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
Excellent photos, Tennesseestorm, especially considering you were on the move!

Have you made up to Bays Mountain this month? I was there yesterday, foliage around the lake is near peak.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:25 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Hubby takes 19E into work every day and then back home, says he never gets sick of the scenery, and he grew up in JC and Carter county LOL!
Watch out though, 19E is a speed trap...long straight road for the most part but only 35 mph zone. Police like to hide through out that strip with radar. Hubby hasn't been pulled over yet but says he sees them on that road about every day.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:13 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,777 times
WOW, I've never seen any place so beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol