U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 AM

24 posts, read 44,310 times
Question We're planning our first "scouting" trip to the Greeneville area NETN

Hi folks!

My wife and I are planning our first trip to this beautiful area and we're wondering where are the best places to stay. My wife has a cervical disc issue and needs to swim for exercise so a place with an indoor pool would be best. We plan to be traveling thruout the area, even upwards to Knoxville, across Sneedville into Rogersville, etc.

Does anyone recommend a good hotel/motel value anywhere around?

Thanks!

Mike and Denise
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 10:41 AM

31 posts, read 117,600 times
The Comfort Inn in Rogersville is nice. It is new (about a year old), has an indoor pool, nice rooms and great beds. A little on the expensive side though.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:38 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,841,582 times
If you want a little history with your stay, try the General Morgan Inn
Welcome to The General Morgan Inn
There's a Jameson Inn and a Hampton Inn in Greeneville.
If you can do without a pool for a couple of nights, try The Home Place Bed and Breakfast in Mooresburg. It's on the road to Sneedville and is quite charming. It's been in the same family since it was built in the 1800s.
The Home Place Bed & Breakfast - Mooresburg (Rogersville area), Tennessee - BBOnline.com / Introduction

Old 10-28-2008, 07:21 AM

33 posts, read 97,675 times
I believe there is an indoor pool at the AmericaInn in Jonesborough. I've never stayed there but drove by it a few times on the way to Johnson City from G'ville and it looks like a nice place. Enjoy your visit here!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM

Wow, aren't you all wonderful!

Thank you so much for the helpful replies!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:44 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,882,294 times
All excellent suggestions for a place to stay but I'd second the General Morgan Inn in Greeneville! Very charming, historic inn in a lovely, walkable town - similiar to many towns in CT.. The new AmericInn is within walking distance of Jonesborough - another charming and historic TN town/village (just checked the phone book and the AmericInn *does* have an indoor pool and whirlpool, # 423-753-3100). But either town is a great choice as a place to stay, find good restaurants and start your tour of this area..

BTW - where are you from in NE CT?? That's where my husband and I last lived (Goshen in Litchfield County - truly the icebox of CT) after growing up in Fairfield County.

Best wishes for a wonderful trip! Bet you'll come back soon..

Old 10-28-2008, 09:39 PM

5,482 posts, read 8,897,152 times
I'm pretty sure the General Morgan doesn't have a pool, but maybe I'm wrong. And it's more expensive.

AmericInn is truly in a GREAT position. Walk to Jonesborough, drive to Johnson City in 10 minutes, Greeneville in twenty. About 10 minutes or less to I-26 which'll get you to Kingsport in 12-15 more.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Sarahsal - Thanks for the great info. We're from Windham Cty. You asked me on our previous thread regarding tatoos and Greeneville culture .

Can't wait to experience everything personally! We'll be in town the week of 11/10. I've been researching NETN on city-data, the hands-down best source of info, for over a year! Now, we're finally ready to look for a piece of property to homestead on! Looking for the right community where we can serve in a church and raise our family in the country. Thank you so very much for your encouraging words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol