U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 AM

42 posts, read 95,798 times

Advertisements

Is there any website that has a list of trick or treat activities for 10/31 in the tri-cities area, more specifically, Johnson City?

I know about Walnut St, but we have been the last 2 years and it is a bit too crowded for my enjoyment - not to mention the candy isn't that great

Thanks for any info you might have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 08:54 AM

174 posts, read 338,882 times
Default Many Options...

Hi, Jenn.

We just moved here last year, so we haven't been to any of these, but I know many, many churches have a "trunk or treat" on Friday evening. Check out the signs at any nearby church you drive by. Also, I saw the mall is having a trick or treat event....I think it was 4-6pm on Friday.

I haven't seen an overall list anywhere....I was wondering what the official trick or treat time was on Friday?

Old 10-30-2008, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 23,832 times
We moved to Greeneville, TN this summer and we were wanting to know the same thing, It don't seem as tho trick or treat is advertised here as much.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:55 PM

5,568 posts, read 9,357,175 times
There's usually a Trunk-or-Treat at Chuckey Doak High in east Greene, you might call their office. Also, downtown Greeneville usually puts on some activities, again, not sure of the time. You could call the Partnership (chamber) offices.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 16,874 times
If anyone knows of trunk or treats in the area can you post them?

TIA,

KC

Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 AM

3,885 posts, read 5,358,915 times
Here's the list from GoTricities. GoTricities.com > Halloween festivities in full swing (http://gotricities.com/content/article.dna?idNumber=6806 - broken link)

Old 10-22-2010, 10:04 PM

62 posts, read 184,026 times
What's the *trunk* ? never heard that expression :-)

Old 10-24-2010, 08:42 AM

12,546 posts, read 18,499,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacor77 View Post
What's the *trunk* ? never heard that expression :-)
Trunks of cars/vehicles. They generally go like this: People park their cars around a perimeter of a parking lot with the trunks or back ends of cars facing toward the interior of the parking lot. Some people dress up their trunks or back ends of cars and SUV's, etc. Kids are brought to this trunk or treat and go from car to car doing trick or treat instead of going to houses.

These are big in our area at churches and some work places.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 11,155 times
Trick or Treat at the Johnson City Mall is Oct 28th at 8pm

Old 10-23-2011, 03:36 PM

7,285 posts, read 14,369,316 times
Not sure about JC but in Kingsport all the Downtown Festivities are on Saturday night the 29th. There is the Trunk-Or-Treat on Broad, all the merchants are doing up their trunks and giving out candy. Rockin the Hallows is a combined event with the above, it has things for the adults as well with music concerts all night long and a costume contest with a $1,000. prize announced at midnight, beer, vendors, crafts and the whole nine yards as far as events go.
Bay's Mountain has their annual "Halloween Haunt" event on Friday and Saturday nights and that is always a good event for the teens. Let me see if I can find links to these two.
Rockin' The Hallows - Tri-Cities BIGGEST Halloween Party There is also a haunted 1/2 mile marathon race too at this one.
Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol