Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 01:07 AM

199 posts, read 529,245 times

Advertisements

For full details click on the link below.

Rockefeller's owners plan upscale nightspot in Kingsport - Kingsport Times-News Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 08:14 AM

171 posts, read 463,064 times
Default what's going on

So I clicked on this link and read the article, sounds great, then I read the comments following and the area sounds confused over the motives, intentions, needs, etc. Some people kdon't want another club. Are there too many clubs?? Do some people think people shpouldn't go out and dronk?? Are there a lot of spots to go out and hear music?? classy spots??
As a muscian from the northeast looking to maybe move to the tri-city area and find places to play without having to live in a big city, I'm concerned!! Thanks

Old 04-13-2009, 11:04 AM

423 posts, read 1,404,369 times
Wish Johnson City would follow suit. There are quite a few college bars, but only a couple decent nightspots for the over 25 crowd. The only two I know of are Russo's Orleans and Stir Fry Cafe in JC. Good news for you Kingsportians!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:36 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,622,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybc View Post
Are there too many clubs??
That's an opinion and everyone has one. Frankly, no one's opinion matters except the person opening the business and the customers.
Do some people think people shpouldn't go out and dronk?? Of course. I'd bet 20% of Tri-Citians would support prohibition. That shouldn't be surprising.
Are there a lot of spots to go out and hear music?? classy spots?? Just a few, and I've never seen anything "upscale" - except for Russos.

I think most people's concerns stem from the number of arrests that occur at the usual drinking establishments - seems like they are all drinking arrests or domestic violence.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:06 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,219,213 times
I think this is a cool addition. Wish them much success!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 03:11 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,190,311 times
We have *always* heard from older JC folks (early 40's and up) that they'd love to have a classy, upscale night-spot to go to - in their town. Long ago, after talking with many people we had planned to do just that in our building but finally decided we didn't want to be tied down with that kind of operation - not to mention the huge responsibility. We are hoping that some saavy entrepreneur will see the potential for a truly upscale place somewhere downtown - maybe even in our building.. JC certainly boasts the folks to support this kind of venture. Maybe the success of a like-spot in Kingsport will induce someone to do something similiar in JC..

Old 04-14-2009, 09:59 AM

243 posts, read 692,305 times
apparently none of you are from kingsport. creating a business in this location is the kiss of death. I am 24, and since I was born NOTHING has made it here. I've seriously seen dozens of completely different types of businesses come and go within months here. I don't care if they were selling drinks for free, no one is gonna go there. Kingsport has a few of these "dead-zone" spots, and this is by far the #1 on the list. If they had chosen a different location they may have done great, but to be honest, NO ONE takes a business in this location seriously. It's basically like throwing your money down the toilet building something here. (this post was written by blindsolitude's bf)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol