Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 PM

53 posts, read 149,107 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the lots in Churchill on Leland Rd.? I'm moving south from NY and the location seems perfect here (I have one daughter in VA and one in college in NC) and has the rural/small town living we like.

I read the other Churchill forum posts and the area sounds really nice (except the elementary schools, but I homeschool my youngest, although my 16 year old is in highschool). Actually, it sounds much like where I live now. If someone has any opinions on the highschools that would be great...she would be a junior...

Also, are there places "nearby" (20 minutes drive?) for a 16 year old to work? (Right now our closest town is about 1/2 hour away so I'm used to being away from civilization.)

Is anyone aware if there's kids in the neighborhood around there? I heard about 2 playgrounds, wondering if they're in biking distance for 9 year old from Leland?

Oooo just thought of another question - I have satellite now and I can move my satellite (hopefully it'll get reception past the trees) - but I don't suppose anyone knows if there's CABLE or DSL at the Leland lots? That would be awesome!

Anyhow, any information on Leland road lots and the vicinity would be appreciated! I really like what I've seen and read so far.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 01:49 AM

100 posts, read 354,397 times
Default Leland ln in church hill?

Are you speaking of the Leland of Hickory Hills Rd? If so yes they do have cable and possibly DSL. Its only 13 miles from EAstman Chemical company which is in the very center of Kingsport so jobs within 20 min would not be an issue. I used to live on Hickory Hills Rd and the area is very quiet but not secluded. Im not sure if this is what you looking for but i hope it helps.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
I think the OP must be speaking of Leland Rd in Church Hill. The area is pretty, there is a mobile home park kind of in the middle of the residential lots. The schools are not that great; they're ok. You can find that type of setting in Kingsport and get better schools. Your 16 year old will most likely have to drive into Kingsport for a job; which is 20 minutes or so. I have to tell you that I have two nephews in Kingsport and jobs for kids are hard to come by right now due to the economy. A good realtor can help you more with your questions. Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum!

Old 05-17-2009, 01:08 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,803,448 times
I'm not familiar with Leland Lane but I've walked on Morning Star & Mt. Pleasant roads near Hickory Hills many times and really like most of the area.

The mobile home park there is small (13 lots), mostly vacant and currently for sale.

I'm sure Carter's Valley Elem. School has a playground and it's about 1.3 miles from Leland Lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol