Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Waz

1 posts, read 6,857 times

Advertisements

All Volco stations are Ethanol free. The bad thing is there isn't many Volco stations. Also it has not been mandated that all gas stations have to sell Ethanol gas until 2011 and if enough people get in touch with there congressmen and public officials and really push the facts maybe and I mean maybe we can change the mandate. Not only do our car's run smoother, get much better mileage, but if anyone has an older or classic car like myself ethanol will destroy the inside of your motor. Any rubber gaskets or fuel lines or even brass floats in a carburetor will rot and cause damage to your motor. Also when you buy gasoline with Ethanol you aren't getting your money's worth because Ethanol cost's much less to manufacture. I'm surprised more people don't try fuel without Ethanol and see and feel the benefits of it. I was told by Broad Street Volco in Elizabethton, TN that all of gasoline manufacturers make Ethanol free gas, and when the gas trucks go to pick up the loads they pick with or without Ethanol, I know that is hard to believe but hopefully it is true. In Elizabethton y'all can buy Ethanol free gas at The Barn Store on 400 South or Watauga Rd, Broad Street Volco on Broad St across thye street from Taco John's, and Stateline Volco where Nancy's restaurant is behind the drive-in off 19-E and Stateline Rd. I buy most of my fuel at Broad Street Volco and right now his price is cheaper than everyone else in Eliz. and it is 10/20/09.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 02:01 AM

147 posts, read 328,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Also Food Country "fast gas" on Highway 394 between Blountville and Bristol has non-ethanol gas. I normally make a special trip there just for it. I get about 3-5 more MPG on average with that gasoline.
Sorry...not anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post

Now I wonder where it can be bought in Bristol?
A friend of mine has been getting 100% gas somewhere on Pennsylvania Avenue in Bristol Tennessee. I will have to ask her the name of it and get back to you.

I have been going to The Apple Shed/Rite Quick on Ft. Henry Drive in Colonial Heights/Gray. Accross the street from Dillion's Saloon. 100% gas, easy in and out, inexpensive cigarettes, homemade breakfast and lunch and the nicest people I have ever seen working in a gas station!

Almost forgot-there is another place on Ft. Henry Drive in Kingsport between the ramps for JB Dennis and the mall. I think it is a Citgo-they had 100% gas the last time I was there about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Beretta; 11-27-2009 at 07:54 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 10:26 PM

147 posts, read 328,586 times
The Sunoco on the corner of Penn. Ave. and Taylor Street.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 6,293 times
Greenwood Market on Memorial Blvd. in Kingsport also still sells 100% gas

Old 01-14-2010, 06:30 PM

423 posts, read 1,398,341 times
There is a gas station in Piney Flats that sells ethanol-free gasoline. Citgo I think? It's just past the big RV dealershp on the right side of Bristol Highway (11E) heading toward Johnson City.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:00 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,596,370 times
Used to be a Citgo ... now unbranded.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:33 AM

66 posts, read 80,937 times
Heres the deal on ethanol. Ethanol comes from sugar, what happens when you put sugar in someone's gas tank? It ruins the engine! Even when you liquify it. Now I know what everyone is thinking, Alcohol is what you get when yeast defecate right? Well thats true and it is loaded with sugar and sugar is BAD for engines. I would have to replace the carb on my 77 Shovelhead Harley if I used ethanol without draining the carb after each ride. It is disgusting how greed is the bane of the American people. Gas is almost 5 dollars a gallon and at least 1/10 of it is not got a single petroleum cell in it!

Old 04-14-2011, 01:07 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,596,370 times
Zeke's on the Bristol HWY in JC is E-free.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:19 AM

295 posts, read 746,574 times
I've railed against growing corn for ethanol to burn in internal combustion vehicles on city data for the last two years as a very bad idea because of the fertilizer runoff into the gulf of mexico, etc.. Now the farmers in the mid west say that on top of that, corn takes much more water to grow than other crops that they could be growing in that region like cotton, etc., which take low amounts of irrigation and it is depleting the Ogallala aquifer that much faster and heading that part of the country into the next dust bowl. [how's that compute into your carbon foot print].
C'mon people. Until constant and economically affordable solar and/or safer nuclear electric technology and improved battery storage comes along to run our commuter/commercial vehicles and power plants we need to drill for our own oil within the boundaries of the United States to power our commuter and commercial vehicles and our electric generating power plants to power our infrastructure.
The only alternative is to continue to burn coal to produce our constant 24/7 electrical power needs and that, as most environmetal scientists can tell you, produces more long term environmental hazards that exceed even the dangers of nuclear power generation.
Coal, petroleum and natural gas is the worst case scenario for the environment in regards to greenhouse gas emissions, but that is what we got at this point in time to power life as we know it. i wish it were otherwise but......it is what it is.

Last edited by NorthernLights; 04-15-2011 at 12:47 AM..

Old 04-20-2011, 07:35 AM

56 posts, read 134,724 times
I'm not real sure how up to date this site is but its worth mentioning if noone had already.
Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
All the stations that I stopped at were still ethanol free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol