U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 PM

426 posts, read 796,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
OK, I'll bite. What is your profession sumrgurl?
sumrgurl is TMZ's Tri-Cities' bureau chief. Someone's gotta follow Kenny and Brad and Jabogitlu and all the other local celebs around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 PM

5,351 posts, read 8,612,082 times
*g* How'd you guess my true identity?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,577,200 times
Then I heard that Diane Sawyer bought a place in the Bristol vacinity and talked about it on the news
(whatever news show she's on)...how pretty it is up there and how inexpensive homes and land is there. Did anyone else hear this one?
I'm like the rest of you, though, I don't really care what someone does for a living. We have lots of famous people with homes here in Charleston, and no one pays them a bit of attention, except for tourists.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 PM

31 posts, read 73,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4ever View Post
sumrgurl is TMZ's Tri-Cities' bureau chief. Someone's gotta follow Kenny and Brad and Jabogitlu and all the other local celebs around.
I actually own one of the top 10 celebrity gossip/pop culture websites in the world. I joined this site a week or so ago, because I'm looking for a place in Atlanta and wanted to get more info. I grew up in Johnson City and browsed to the TN section, and ironically I've been working on the Brad Pitt story for the past couple of weeks. He DOES fish on the Holston River in Hickory Tree, and he HAS looked at property there, although you're not likely to see him and his brood roaming around Walmart. He comes with a few other guys, they hole up in Hickory Tree, and eat at small, out-of-the-way restaurants and diners with other fly fisherman. Brad became an avid fly fisherman while filming the movie "A River Runs Through It."

Old 07-24-2009, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,107 times
Its true. Brad has been spotted at a local hangout in Hickory Tree. Several people have spotted him waste deep in the river and sources say he spent $3 million on 50 acres with lake frontage. My grandmother lives just down the road.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:19 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,833,187 times
More than anything (if all this is true) it says what a astonishingly beautiful area we live in...

In the Connecticut countryside, two plus hours from NYC where we once lived, there were lots of 'celebrities' with weekend homes. Noone paid them much mind - or virtually ignored them when they came into town to shop. The fact is they're all just folks with families like us - but with loads more money... I think the biggest plus for them is when they can be in an area where they can be more-or-less anonymous..

Old 07-25-2009, 07:56 PM

21,595 posts, read 29,615,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
More than anything (if all this is true) it says what a astonishingly beautiful area we live in...

In the Connecticut countryside, two plus hours from NYC where we once lived, there were lots of 'celebrities' with weekend homes. Noone paid them much mind - or virtually ignored them when they came into town to shop. The fact is they're all just folks with families like us - but with loads more money... I think the biggest plus for them is when they can be in an area where they can be more-or-less anonymous..
Exactly. I believe sumrgurl. I was a reporter for many years, critiquing country stars when I didn't know anything about country. It is not that big of a deal and I hope Brad gets some privacy. Believe me, he hopes you don't care, either.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 PM

295 posts, read 440,891 times
While I was working on my undergrad back in Maryland I worked for a company that in the central MD/ DC area was THE provider of high end home audio and home theatre systems. I won't here, but I've got a lifetime's worth of name dropping, photographic proof and all, from those years from authors, actors, music stars, sports stars, heads of state, etc. 'Wired homes that make Crantzdorf look like just another big house. It was neat being in those homes each day but in the end it didn't enrich my life much more than the weekly paycheck and a lot of cool 'percs' at the time. Those folks differ just like any other folks, some gracious and unpretentious, some total pricks that make you take your shoes off in the foyer [as if the dirt from the driveway I drag in is worse than the dirt that they drag in]. What I learned is that they are truly no different than we are. If more people knew that they wouldn't care so much about what they think, or do, or who they date, etc,... I envied their wealth...but never their fame. The "famous" ones couldn't go to the corner for a paper without security guards and what's funny is my clients that bought and sold those people were almost anonymous...invisible, in spite of their immense wealth. I'd take their quiet wealth over all the 'fame' any day.

Last edited by NorthernLights; 07-25-2009 at 10:59 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 PM

284 posts, read 472,173 times
Beware anyone using celebrity first names. Very creepy.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 PM

295 posts, read 440,891 times
I hope you don't mean me joking with Jabog about speaking with "Brad"? I was just "having him on". Never worked for the man. Don't know him. That was just in fun. Lots of people like me get to work for [quote] famous people. From lawn care, pool boys on up...just a paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol