Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 11:09 AM

433 posts, read 527,523 times

Advertisements

Dear Friends:
Well, we're one step closer to moving to Bristol. Spent all last week looking around, mostly at homes. Finally settled on one off Broad St. Still have to get a home inspection and appraisal. I was REALLY impressed by how friendly/helpfull everybody was that I ran into!!! Whether it was the city bus drivers, the clerks at Walmart or whatever, everybody was a big help.
Incidently, if you are looking for a detailed Bristol, TN map, do not go to Walmart (they're out.) The best shot is the Chamber of Commerce ($3 each, but, worth it.)
I am now at my brother's in Virginia and I have a question. I went down to the electric company and got an application for an account, but, I forgot to go to the water company (if that is the correct term.) Can anybody give me the phone number and/or email address? I'd appreciate it.
I look forward to our final move into the area and hope to run into some of you personally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 11:32 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,776,498 times
City of Bristol Tennessee
Utility Services Division
1321 Weaver Pike
POB 1189
Bristol, Tennessee 37621-1189
Phone: (423) 989-5649
Gary Spry - Director of Utility Services, gspry@bristoltn.org
Bristol, Tennessee

Glad to hear that you've found a place and hope you can call it home very soon!

Move to Bristol Guide

Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,596,370 times
Congrats! I think you chose a great location. You're like two minutes from a surging downtown and the wonderful Steele Creek Park.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 PM

433 posts, read 527,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrain View Post
Congrats! I think you chose a great location. You're like two minutes from a surging downtown and the wonderful Steele Creek Park.
I agree. The other thing that is nice is we will be only a half block from the bus line going to the Med Center. With my wife's macular degeneration, the ability to use the bus is important to us. Incidently, I got up with a "Kristi" at the water utility and (as usual) she was very helpful in opening a new account---albeit by "remote control." I was constantly amazed at how helpful/friendly the folks are in Bristol!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol