Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:33 PM

14 posts, read 11,522 times

Advertisements

Being in this area, in the middle of the bible belt.. people tend to think down on atheist, or think were evil people with no morals. Just curious if there are anymore that post on these forums?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Yeah, I'm an atheist. Well, a friend and I discussed it tonight, and perhaps I'm agnostic. I don't know. :-O. Either way, I'm one of those, lol.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:45 PM

634 posts, read 1,420,020 times
Let's all pray for 'em. Lets hope they find God before they miss their chance.

I'll take my chances believing in God, and if I'm wrong then oh well.

I'd sure regret not believing if I found out I was wrong. Little to late by then.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:54 PM

128 posts, read 335,396 times
That's kind of the way I feel.... if I believe in something and it's not ultimately there in the end, it doesn't matter....but if i don't believe in something and it ends up actually being real....i can't imagine that ending well......faith is believing in what cannot be seen. It doesn't mean there is nothing there if you cannot see it.... and that's all I will say on the subject in public.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:01 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
You can only actualy "believe" what you "believe to be real". Anything else is just faking it with lipservice. And I think we all know what that means....it's worse than not "believeing" at all.

But, knowing what I know I can honestly say that atheists and agnostics are everywhere. Especially in churches.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:27 AM

7,542 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Of course atheists and agnostics are everywhere.

Hopefully a few more A&A will respond. We could have a coffee get together!

Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 AM

634 posts, read 1,420,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You can only actualy "believe" what you "believe to be real". Anything else is just faking it with lipservice. And I think we all know what that means....it's worse than not "believeing" at all.

But, knowing what I know I can honestly say that atheists and agnostics are everywhere. Especially in churches.

I have to believe in God as real. He's in my heart. I'm guilty of thinking for years that he didn't answer my prayers, or maybe I didn't have enough faith. But really, I was at witts end with doctor bills, and was expecting to die just a few years ago ... and really didn't want to leave my kids but my health had failed badly, and spent three years out of work seeing doctors and only getting worse. I had went broke, couldn't see another doctor without losing our farm, or seeing our kids go hungry. So, I stopped going to Vanderbuilt, and decided it'd be best to just die at home so my wife and kids wouldn't lose the farm do to the cost of my health. I was mindset about it, and it took a toll on my kids at first, but I quit the meds and told my family I was putting it in Gods hands, and in the end .. we'd still meet again. Things got worse, but this past year I've been able to do more outside than I have in the past three years. I'm able to see my kids play ball for school again, and have been able to watch them play softball through the hotter months again as well. No, I'm not in the best of shape, but I'm doing alot better and my down time is down per month to about 1/3 of what it was last year. Looking back on the years, I prayed for a healthy son, and a healthy daughter, and I have them both .. and they are in good health. When I was at deaths door a few years ago and doctors gave me no hope, I prayed ( and still do ) that I'd see them grow up and not leave them fatherless. I'm not recovered 100% or even close, but I've gained enough strenth to at least be a big part of their daily lives again. Being I haven't been back to the hosp, and have lived on hardly more than a prayer, I'd be a fool to not thank him for the rest of my days for what he has helped me through, and the strenth he has given me to watch my kids continue to grow. Thats all I've really asked of him, and he's seeing me through. I honestly do believe, and I'm thankfull.

Last edited by RS-1080; 09-26-2009 at 01:25 AM..

Old 09-26-2009, 05:23 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
psst...lets not change this into a religious debate. The poster is looking for people who have a similar thought process as they do. Nothing at all wrong with that and lets leave the thread to that subject.
Thank you.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:47 AM

62 posts, read 87,171 times
I am an atheist or agnostic, whatever. I am with you OP!!! Just because we dont believe in god does not mean we therefore believe in satan. Good for you and your post!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 06:55 AM

4 posts, read 8,004 times
Default I worship the sun

I am secular,The longer I live in the south the more I hate organized religion! They only like ,like minded people and the rest are sinners! Crazy! America was founded for freedom of religion, I worship the Sun! the main reason I can see it! It provides heat and life... and not to mention beauty! That ranks high with me.... I would love to meet you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol