Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 12:44 AM

128 posts, read 335,366 times

Advertisements

A couple of weeks ago I was on vacation, my friend George and I were hitting up some concerts and had a week in between shows to kill....we had decided to take a road trip but thanks to the snow the slammed the east coast, our entire trip got changed....

We were supposed to start in New York and head right to Kingsport but instead, went to Knoxville first (via ohio and kentucky), which we were going to hit up later in the trip....but due to the snow, we spent more time in the car than we wanted....and our time in Kingsport was brief.... basically got in about 6 pm on the day we got in (Tuesday, February 9th), went to a chinese buffet that is relatively new where we met a friend of mine who lives in Kingsport...afterwards we went to the Kingsport Target (which I had always wanted to see, given that I work for Target and the Kingsport store is actually what i have on my credit card, courtesy of Capital One and an internet photograph...). After that we went to a grocery store where my friend from Kingsport bought me several different types of soda that aren't available in upstate new york (two weeks later im still enjoying them, too).

We left early the next afternoon (after another visit to Target and lunch at Pal's) to try to make the trek back to Maryland (only made it as far as Winchester, Virginia) so I didn't get to see much of Kingsport in the daylight or in good weather (it was snowing when we were there), but I hope to get back there soon, as the next time I'll have a chance (in June, possibly), some other friends we visited during this trip will be moved in, down in Kingsport...I should've taken more pictures but didn't think of it at the time....maybe next time around...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 03:49 PM

123 posts, read 357,532 times
Thanks for the pics. I'm thinking about relocating there. Thanks to everybody posting pictures I'm getting a real "feel" for the city. There's not too many pictures of it in winter though, so yours are very helpful.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:35 AM

Thank you for the compliment! I hope to visit Kingsport again sometime in June when I'll be heading to Georgia for a Johnny Rivers concert -- would love to get a feel for the area during warmer temperatures as well....no doubt I'll take more pictures during that time, also.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:30 AM

8 posts, read 10,941 times
Mountain Sprite,

There are not too many pictures of it in winter because this area doesn't usually have a "good" winter. Snows are infrequent and only last into daylight hours, normally. This year has been phenomenal for snow. It has essentially snowed continuously most of the winter - LOL. I was loving it in the beginning, but did grow tired of it at the end. My kids (in Washington County, right next door to Sullivan County and Kingsport) had 15 snow days this year. That is a first in my momory and I have been in this area for 15 years.

Deleted

Stacie

Last edited by Beretta; 03-13-2010 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: too much like advertising

Old 03-25-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieC View Post
Mountain Sprite,

There are not too many pictures of it in winter because this area doesn't usually have a "good" winter. Snows are infrequent and only last into daylight hours, normally. This year has been phenomenal for snow. It has essentially snowed continuously most of the winter - LOL.
A GOOD winter for me is one with as little snow as possible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol