U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:36 PM

11 posts, read 18,650 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My wife and I are moving to the area in a few months and we are looking for a decent place to rent for the first year or two we are there before we buy a place of our own. We made the mistake of buying before we knew the area where we are at now (northern Virginia) and let's just say that we won't be doing that again.

We are looking for a place that is first and foremost QUIET and secondly relatively modern and clean in a safe area. I have done the typical craigslist search and also looked in the local paper online but there isn't too much there. We did find some things on craigslist but most seem to be very run down apartments, crappy looking townhomes, etc. We are coming to town next weekend and while we do have a couple of showings lined up, we are hoping to widen our selection.

If you have any suggestions on places or, places to look for rentals that I have not explored, please let me know. I very much appreciate it!

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 07:50 PM

363 posts, read 551,677 times
You might want to check out "theEclassifieds" which is a Tri-Cities based classified (used to be an Eastman employee newspaper classified). There are a large number of local rentals listed if you don't mind wading through all the beach and Smoky Mountains vacation listings. Good luck.

theEClassifieds

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 AM

354 posts, read 558,631 times
In my travels around town over the past few weeks there are a LARGE number of homes/apts/townhouses with for rent signs in the front yard or window...so your trip here could be very productive if you have time to drive around a bit.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:47 PM

24 posts, read 100,183 times
Hi everyone.
Could you give us an idea what would cost to rent a townhouse in Jonesborough area? It must not have modern renovation or in the center of the town.
We are looking to rent before we buy a land for us. Wnat to have a idea what to expect - is it in range of $500-$700 or $1200-$1500?
just to have an idea.
Thank you

And one more question:
What health food stores are there in the area to get organic produce?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,255,007 times
I know of three organic type stores. The largest supply of organic produce is definitely at Earth Fare.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...1&z=11&iwloc=A - Earth Fare

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=&z=11&iwloc=A - Natural Foods Market

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...e&z=12&iwloc=A - Health Barn

Old 07-19-2010, 12:58 PM

Thank you rccrain for your info. It's very helpful. Do they have nice selection of organic produce? greens, fruits, apples, carrots, beets, broccoli, cabbages, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, bananas, melons, etc.

Can anyone give me guesses of rent prices for Jonesborough area (10-20 miles radius)? I checked theEclassifieds but those are mostly Kingsport.

Thank you

Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 PM

Earth Fare would have all of those items, probably year round. The other two, probably not.

Rent 2/2 could be $500-900 depending on location and amenities.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:46 AM

how do you view Hampton as a town to live in and shop/socialize in Johnson City and in Jonesborough.
It looks like a very small town.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:12 AM

It is very, very small. Approx 40 minutes from JC; 20 minutes to Elizabethton.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:46 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,938,151 times
Default Hampton and Jonesborough

Quote:
Originally Posted by salo View Post
how do you view Hampton as a town to live in and shop/socialize in Johnson City and in Jonesborough.
It looks like a very small town.
It is barely a town! However, it is the closest 'town' to Watauga Lake - about 5 minutes from the center - and does cater to recreational folks and those hiking the Appalachian Trail or up to Laurel Falls. Actually, it is geographically well-located in the TRI area although the town doesn't offer much of any substance..

Don't know much about Jonesborough rentals but I DO know there is a pretty nice-looking 3 bdrm condo for sale right in the center in the old school on the hill. The price is (I believe) only $112K, which is great for Jonesborough.. We would be tempted but we're not quite ready to move into a condo.. I do love that town - it is certainly one of the most charming in this entire area..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol