Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM

21 posts, read 56,830 times

Advertisements

Everyone....
As I've mentioned before my husband and I are really wanting to relaocate to Eastern TN.We are both in our 20s, both work quite a bit and just wanting to settle down.
Here is where I NEED you! My husband has been a butcher/meat cutter for almost 5 years, Hes employed with foodlion here in SC but it's extremly hard to get a trasfeer,I'm willing to send a resume and we can would like some help finding him a job.
Secondly-We are wanting to rent to own a moblie home perfeerably on it's own land and need to fins someone to direct us there, we can afford around 400 a month.We really want to OWN, so even if there is a moblie home for sale for around 5-8k we wuld buy with a good down payment.
And lastly, I am a CNA and need work any help,direction,advice wold be greatly appricated!! Thank you all so much!! PS we BOTH have several renting references and Job references...Anything you all need!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 01:43 PM

22 posts, read 51,305 times
I don't know how much help I'll be--I'm just a 21 year-old college student, but I'll do my best!

Some places your husband might want to check for a job are Super Target in Farragut, The Fresh Market, and Earth Fare, in addition to all the typical grocery stores like Food City and Kroger. I do not know if these places are hiring, but you can probably search for open positions on the company websites under "Careers." I know that you can do this with Target; I actually searched for jobs with them recently. You can search by location and store, then apply online.

There is no shortage of hospitals in Knoxville, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding work!

As far as finding your new home, perhaps you could DM hiknapster; she is a real estate agent and an extremely kind and helpful person. Even if she can't help you find exactly what you're looking for herself, she may be able to direct you to someone who can.

Knoxville is a wonderful place to live, so I'm sure you will love it! Best of luck with everything!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:55 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,451 times
I googled Food Lion and there are plenty FoodLions around Knoxville and Nashville. I didn't do hospitals or doctors office because of the amount and not knowing the area of interest. And I couldn't find any MH with lease to own for that price anywhere around Knoxville. You might need to pin point a few areas of interest. There are quite a few hospitals around east Tn as well. You may want to just rent for a while. That way you can look around once you are in TN and maybe you will be able to find exactly to home you are looking for. Sorry I couldn't help you more. Best of luck to you in your search.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
My want too try the airport for food service.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:38 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,582,370 times
Food City has their own butchers. maybe Krogers??? The supercenters have their meat trucked in prepackaged.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,127,317 times
5-8k for a mobile home on it's own land is going to be tough, but I sent you a DM with a link to a search engine for mobile homes for rent or sale. You can search by city or by zip code, if nothing else it might give you a better idea of how much mobile homes costs in different areas of the state, or even in different area of the country if TN doesn't seem to meet your needs.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 PM

187 posts, read 460,210 times
Food Lion at East Town was looking for a market manager a few weeks ago..That would be listed under Crosslane drive if i'm not mistaken?..Idk if they still are or not,But you can check it out...Market manager is the same as a meat dept manager...Other than that grocery jobs here seem to be pretty tight and hard to get..I'm in the grocery business myself...Where i work they don't even look at 90% applications that people send in on the internet...They just store em and file em just in case they do need to hire someone...Far as land in Knox goes,Land is pretty expensive in Knox...Its about 20 to 30 grand an acre in Knox...If you want land,Then i'd look into trying some rural areas 30 to 45 mins out of Knox since land would be alot cheaper in more rural areas...If not,Then i'd look into Clayton Mobile home park...I'm not sure how much rent is there,But its def one,if not the nicest mobile home parks around here

Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,339 times
I don't know that you could get a mobile home for that little. But if you would be okay to rent in Clinton there are nice apartments 1 bedroom but spacious 750 sq feet for $415 a month and you get free cable tv with it. There is a Food Lion less than a mile away from those apts but I don't know if they are hiring.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,779,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I don't know that you could get a mobile home for that little. But if you would be okay to rent in Clinton there are nice apartments 1 bedroom but spacious 750 sq feet for $415 a month and you get free cable tv with it. There is a Food Lion less than a mile away from those apts but I don't know if they are hiring.
Many people commute to Knoxville form Clinton. Its not that bad.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:12 AM

4 posts, read 10,855 times
You can go online for better deals on mobile home. That is the best place to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville