Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 11:49 PM

99 posts, read 272,300 times

Advertisements

I am interested in any info on police dept's in TN, preferablly around Knoxville, Maryville, Sevierville, etc..

I would like to know of any that are hiring and any that have their own academy where I dont have to stay away from home, Im a single parent. I am in the application process with Knoxville PD. I am currently a police officer right now with a very small dept.

Any info would be nice. Also info or opinons on best and worst of schools, areas, cities for kids and singles would be greatly appreciated!!

THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 AM

16,174 posts, read 32,346,170 times
Maryville only hires a few officers each year and it is hard to get in; but pursue them. They have a great police department.
City of Maryville - Job Openings (http://www.maryvillegov.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=288&sc_id=1182606686 - broken link)

Blount County has a sheriff's department. They are currently in a salary dispute with the county and they are losing officers right and left to better paying jobs. Even citizens stood up at the meeting last week and said that they wouldn't mind paying more taxes to keep the good officers! There are always openings there and it may be a way to get your foot in the door in this area.
BCSO.com (http://www.bcso.com/ - broken link)

Alcoa is very similar to Maryville. Current Job Openings / Employment / Human Resources / City Departments / City of Alcoa - City of Alcoa

You're already in the Knox PD path and I don't know anything about Sevierville.

As far as where to live and single parent info. I am partial, but I would suggest living in the city of Alcoa. They have very good schools and the housing is affordable. Let me know if I can help or answer any questions.

Best of luck to you!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 AM

Thanks for the info!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 AM

I could use any info available.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:58 PM

22 posts, read 68,186 times
Knoxville PD has an academy that is regular work hours. You don't have to stay away from home. Blount County still is political. You might get hired as long as somebodies brother doesn't need a job. Sevier County and S'Ville are okay. If you can get on with any city around here, Pigeon Forge pays the most. KPD doesn't even pay 30k to start, their academy is a joke and they do train to harass people. Inside info so I know.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,912 times
Default Well how has ties

I am getting a little older.Do any departments hire older people..Should i go to shool frist or find department that hireing frist..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville