Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:06 PM

345 posts, read 922,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Or that it is too hot to fish when it is absolutely gorgeous out. The day that was written, the high was 86 but the poster's previous state showed a high of 110. I think it has to do with not wanting to be here to begin with.
I've had luck fishing when it was so hot, I wanted to join the fish in the water!

I've also fished when it was overcast and sprinkling rain..and had no luck.

Just depends on if you have the right bait and if they're hungry enough to take the bait...

Patience also plays an important role!

I'm still going to try tomorrow...see what I can reel in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,206 times
Where is Norris Lake in relation to Norris Dam? Are fish safe to consume if caught below Norris Dam but above Melton Hill? Are there any fish and game offices anywhere in east TN one can go into and ask someone actually in the know?

Old 08-29-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy83 View Post
Haha well its Walmart after all...You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to work for Walmart....Still quite funny tho....You should go and ask the guys at Gander Mountain or Bass pro shops...I bet they could tell you a bunch of good fishing and hunting places in the area
Well I *thought* since they were working in the fishing section that might be interested in fishing. Walmart & Kmart are the only places I know of close by that sell fishing supplies so I thought surely that fisherman probably frequented Walmart for bait and lures and maybe swapped tales with the fishing dept employees. Guess not though! So much for thinking!

I asked a friend who has lived for decades in Powell about places to fish in area and she said she didn't know of any. But there's all this water here!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 AM

187 posts, read 460,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Well I *thought* since they were working in the fishing section that might be interested in fishing. Walmart & Kmart are the only places I know of close by that sell fishing supplies so I thought surely that fisherman probably frequented Walmart for bait and lures and maybe swapped tales with the fishing dept employees. Guess not though! So much for thinking!

I asked a friend who has lived for decades in Powell about places to fish in area and she said she didn't know of any. But there's all this water here!

Yeah you would think so huh?...Maybe you should of tried the Walmart in Halls,Seeing as theres more of the fishing and hunting types in Halls since most of the people that go to and work at that Walmart live in Union County...And you know people in Union County gots to know where some good fishing spots are

Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,780,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy83 View Post
Yeah you would think so huh?...Maybe you should of tried the Walmart in Halls,Seeing as theres more of the fishing and hunting types in Halls since most of the people that go to and work at that Walmart live in Union County...And you know people in Union County gots to know where some good fishing spots are

I was reading somewhere that Union Co. only has something like a 60% literacty rate. Tried to look it up again but couldn't find the site. If anyone finds it let me know.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 AM

345 posts, read 922,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Where is Norris Lake in relation to Norris Dam? Are fish safe to consume if caught below Norris Dam but above Melton Hill? Are there any fish and game offices anywhere in east TN one can go into and ask someone actually in the know?
Norris Dam is west of where we go fishing; we go closer to Maynardville.
I don't know about that particular part of the lake, sorry.

I guess if you could find a Ranger when you were out at the park, you may be able to ask him.

My suggestion, for what it's worth, is to go into a little bait shop you see on the side of the road and ask them. One that is close to the water. They might be able to help you.

However, there is no "magic" place to go fishing around here....just gotta put your bobber in the water and hope for the best......

Old 10-03-2010, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,089 times
I just moved here from Middle Tn to go to school, and even though i love huntin back home it takes few hours get back home so is there any huntin land at all here in knox county i aint seen nothin but bunch of city life if anybody knows a place or has place go i would greatly appreciate the knowing

Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM

6 posts, read 13,271 times
One of the best hunting areas for deer, wild turkey etc.., is in Deer Lodge, Sunbright, Crossville arenas and your local hunting clubs such as Gander Mountain can keep you informed of the better hunts and areas in that vicinity. Get to know some of the folk in these areas and you will find the hunting really good. Fishing is good at some of the forementioned places but as some did attest to hot of a summer come fall it may pick up.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by span3911 View Post
Fishing is good at some of the forementioned places but as some did attest to hot of a summer come fall it may pick up.
Does anyone know if Fall Turnover has happened yet? I'm assuming with the temp changes it has started. I don't want to waste more money on gas and bait going out while the fishing is bad. I went out on Labor Day and didn't even get a nibble on Clinch River. I saw about 8 others fishing and none of them got a bite either. Anyone know how good fishing is in Maryville or Rockford? Is fish ok to eat from there if you can even catch anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville