U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:26 AM

17 posts, read 44,598 times

Advertisements

First, thank you for all your replies.

We made it and had such a wonderful time. The wife could not stop commenting on how beuatiful the area was, how wonderful the weather was and how nice everyone we spoke with were. We were pressed for time but got a lot in while we were there. Took the advice of hiknapster and pulled into Turkey Creek on the way in. She was so amazed at the size of the mall and what they offered. She screamed when she seen the Target. Then when the Starbucks came into view one would have thought we won the Mega Millions LOL. Thanks hiknapster.

We went through the Smokies (rt 33 or something like that). We ventured into Maryville, through Knoxville and some other places where I was not sure exaactly where we were (but it was all beautiful). We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Kodak next to Outdoor World. I almost did not make it to the car rental place in time to make our flight. I am starting to think it was wishful thinking LOL.

On the flight back to the heat, my wife said she had such a wonderful time and that she wanted to go back and stay longer so she could see more of your beautiful state. Our daughter had a blast and wants to move there as much as I do. I think it may have worked as she keeps talking about the beauty, the great people we met and has posted wonderful things on her facebook account, but time will tell.

Thank you all for allowing me to feel that feeling of being back at home in the South even for a short time. If you ever lived there and left, then returned, you know exactly what I am talking about. To me it is just a deep calming and feeling of total peace. Just talking about it, grrr I have got to work harder on her. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 AM

21,673 posts, read 31,578,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacenquietseeker View Post
First, thank you for all your replies.

We made it and had such a wonderful time. The wife could not stop commenting on how beuatiful the area was, how wonderful the weather was and how nice everyone we spoke with were. We were pressed for time but got a lot in while we were there. Took the advice of hiknapster and pulled into Turkey Creek on the way in. She was so amazed at the size of the mall and what they offered. She screamed when she seen the Target. Then when the Starbucks came into view one would have thought we won the Mega Millions LOL. Thanks hiknapster.

We went through the Smokies (rt 33 or something like that). We ventured into Maryville, through Knoxville and some other places where I was not sure exaactly where we were (but it was all beautiful). We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Kodak next to Outdoor World. I almost did not make it to the car rental place in time to make our flight. I am starting to think it was wishful thinking LOL.

On the flight back to the heat, my wife said she had such a wonderful time and that she wanted to go back and stay longer so she could see more of your beautiful state. Our daughter had a blast and wants to move there as much as I do. I think it may have worked as she keeps talking about the beauty, the great people we met and has posted wonderful things on her facebook account, but time will tell.

Thank you all for allowing me to feel that feeling of being back at home in the South even for a short time. If you ever lived there and left, then returned, you know exactly what I am talking about. To me it is just a deep calming and feeling of total peace. Just talking about it, grrr I have got to work harder on her. LOL
Sometimes I hear natives complain about the area, especially the weather. After living in the north and in Florida I have an understanding of how lucky people are to have lived here their entire lives. No one is nicer like they are here, either. Sometimes I think to myself, yes, go ahead and move away and then you will see the paradise that you truly have.

Glad to be of help. I love that Super Target and I thought she would, too. Did you get a chance to go to downtown Knoxville?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:56 AM

849 posts, read 1,434,801 times
So glad you guys had a great trip and that it worked out for you. Sounds like she might be nibbling at the bait. Better bait the hook again real soon or as soon as you can. You know how it is when you get back from vacation and into the negitivity (if it's like here in FL). It sucks you right in and swallows you whole.
I know it's hard when you get back home after your trip to TN. But try to have a nice day.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:08 PM

21,673 posts, read 31,578,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA TO NIOTA 2010 View Post
So glad you guys had a great trip and that it worked out for you. Sounds like she might be nibbling at the bait. Better bait the hook again real soon or as soon as you can. You know how it is when you get back from vacation and into the negitivity (if it's like here in FL). It sucks you right in and swallows you whole.
I know it's hard when you get back home after your trip to TN. But try to have a nice day.
I remember that. I felt like I wanted to cry every darn day until we finally moved here.

Unfortunately, if someone doesn't really want to live here, I don't know if it is such a good idea to try to force it.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:35 PM

12,532 posts, read 18,207,413 times
Thanks so much for coming back and posting about your trip! Come on back soon!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,266,681 times
I'm glad your scheme seemed to have worked! It is not hard to fall in love with this area. We did on a scouting trip through the region. After checking out quite a few states we decided to come back to east Tennessee after passing through. It hadn't been on our radar at all originally. Most of East Tennessee is beautiful but as soon as we had been through Maryville we knew we'd found home. I'm hoping you'll get a chance to look at the general region again and that your wife might find somewhere around here is "home" for you as well. The people here are what make it special, but the views sure help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville