Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:55 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember TK in the morning, he was also known as TK Townshend. He was on the radio for many years and then -bam- he was gone. Now Ashley and Brad do the morning show. Does anyone know what really happened there and where TK is now and what he is doing? I remember that he lived out near or on Norris Lake. Thanks for helping me with the nagging question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 09:47 PM

92 posts, read 290,165 times
Default That drove me nuts, too...

He's at a radio station in Greeneville, SC now. I only know this because I would google him from time to time trying to figure it out! B97.5 never would pony up any info; guess he either got canned or quit.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Thanks Leah!!! I am glad that I am not the only one that wondered. I left you a rep point

Old 08-02-2007, 05:49 PM

3 posts, read 16,462 times
The station was wanting TK to take a salary cut and apparently got Brad and Ashley for a lot less money. I really miss hearing about TK"s family. It gets tiring listening to Ashey...the manly woman...verbally abusing Brad every morning. I always liked listening to Brad in the afternoon but now he seems like such a wimp. How sad!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 01:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I'm a big Hallerin Hilton Hill fan, myself.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:02 AM

24 posts, read 80,267 times
I'm glad someone cleared that up - he lived close to me and our kids would play together. Suddenly I wasn't seeing him at the grocery store anymore.

Ah well.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 6,158 times
TK was flat out fired. Although he was given plenty of opportunities to humble his approach in the workplace, I'm told by a friend at B97.5 that he was an egomaniac and jerk to work with and ultimately the folks in charge got tired of him acting like everyone owed him something for just showing up in his skin. He demanded more money, did less than what he was supposed to do (didn't show up for his "charity" events until late or unless there were plenty of photo opportunities involved, etc) and he was demeaning towards women. He always acted like he knew better than anyone and in the end, he was corrupted by his false sense of power. Oh well!! Sometimes Karma does exist.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est la guerre View Post
TK was flat out fired. Although he was given plenty of opportunities to humble his approach in the workplace, I'm told by a friend at B97.5 that he was an egomaniac and jerk to work with and ultimately the folks in charge got tired of him acting like everyone owed him something for just showing up in his skin. He demanded more money, did less than what he was supposed to do (didn't show up for his "charity" events until late or unless there were plenty of photo opportunities involved, etc) and he was demeaning towards women. He always acted like he knew better than anyone and in the end, he was corrupted by his false sense of power. Oh well!! Sometimes Karma does exist.
Thanks for the info.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:13 PM

3 posts, read 16,462 times
Unhappy Stickin' to my original statement on TK

I was also told by someone from B97.5 that TK was replaced, as I stated before because they wanted him to take a pay cut. Matt Hinkin was also replaced by less experienced weather persons. They give the weather and tell you what the temperatures will be in ther afternoon and evening but seldom tell you what the current temperature is. I called one morning and asked Julia Johnson if she could start giving current temperatures to make it easier for dressing kids to go out in the morning for school. She said that the thermometer was in the other studio. Couldn't she come on the air prepared with that information? Matt always gave current temperature. Mike Witcher can't make it through his weather broadcast without being interrupted by Ashley and Brad. Sometimes they are so rude that you can't even make out what Mike is saying. Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM

MW, I am sure, is a nice guy but he drives me up the friggen wall! He seems..... immature, inexperienced, something? Weather reports are painful! Also, can anyone answer for me what is up with A&B playing Santana and the Pina Colada song every daggone morning?? Um, hello. We don't want to hear that old crap every single day!!!!

I will confess a deep, dark secret. The only reason I play that certain station in the AM is because it annoys me so much that it makes me get out of bed to turn it off.

Does anyone else think it is weird that "The Goddess" text messages A more than she seems to talk to her own husband, B?

With XM and iPods and the like radio stations are less important than ever; but I enjoy a good, quick morning show. Pittsburgh had one of the best.

Best regards to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville