Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 32,271 times

Advertisements

We're relocating to Maryville and are considering a few housing options. One house we like is in Northfield, another is in Royal Oaks. A third is closer to downtown, not far from the historic district (in more of a mixed-price neighborhood, with less of a suburban feel). Does anyone have positive or negative things to say about living in any of these neighborhoods/areas? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 02:02 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
I definitely have info for you!!! Northfield is ok, but it is not in the Foothills Elementary School zone. I personally would not consider living in Northfield. Even if you don't have children in elementary, Foothills is "the" place to be located. I just passed by Royal Oaks less than 10 minutes ago; it is nice; however, the Super Wal Mart has just been completed across the street catty corner and they just installed the traffic posts, although they aren't working yet, so soon there will be a red light to go in and out of that subdivision. They are also building a strip shopping pad right directly across from Royal Oaks. My ex lives in Royal Oaks and the thing you have to watch out in there for is bad building. Some are good and some are not so good. You really have to know who built your house. Royal Oaks houses are very close together, which is different than most of the rest of Maryville. There are a lot of retirees in there due to the golf course. There are other great areas in Maryville. I am not sure where you are thinking about on the closer to downtown. Some of those areas are nice, some aren't. Feel free to PM me. I will be happy to help in anyway that I can.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 13,110 times
we want to come visit maryville, is there any camping near by? any great churches? we would be coming from rome, ga and thinking about relocating. we just drove thru in june and it looked great. any info would help us. can you send any real estate books or give us web sites for homes for sale ?
thanks
rowal and judy kurtz

Last edited by Beretta; 08-17-2013 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Deleted phone number

Old 07-15-2007, 06:31 AM

There are *lots* of great churches. If you could provide more info on what denomination or type of church you seek that would help in giving you some church names. I will list out some of the realtor websites:

This is a great one because if you go under "Detailed Search" it will bring up houses for sale by all realtors with all of the pictures. The one thing it lacks is a map but you can take the MLS # and type that in Realtor.com and pull up the mapModerator cut: links cut
I am sorry but I am clueless on campsites. I will pull out the phone book later and look.

Last edited by mbmouse; 07-15-2007 at 07:09 AM..

Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 AM

Sorry MB, I lost my head on the links. Rowal, just PM me and I will help you

Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM

10 posts, read 25,583 times
Default Does Maryville have any neighborhoods like North Hills?

I looove North Hills in Knoxville but am thinking about moving to Maryville for the schools. Are there any funky, charming, friendly, and AFFORDABLE neighborhoods in Maryville like my beloved North Hills? Safety also matters because my work has me keeping some late hours at times. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:05 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
There's a charming neighborhood between Broadway and the greenway (sandy springs park?) with big trees and the feel of North hills. But I don't think it's all that affordable. Coming from Knoxville you are likely to have sticker shock. Maybe north of broadway is a little more affordable and still convenient to downtown.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:23 PM

10 posts, read 25,583 times
Thanks! I'm going to visit to check things out this week. In Knoxville, I know my way around and which older neighborhoods I prefer but I'm lost there. Totally agree about the sticker shock but I've had a little time to get used to it. Sadly, I am really limited in how much I can spend but it never hurts to look.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 PM

92 posts, read 290,165 times
I feel your pain. I watched Maryville real estate for a long time, considering I used to work there and my husband works there now (we're currently living in north Knox). I did find it unfortunate how little variety there is in neighborhoods and how much more you'll shell out. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah79 View Post
I feel your pain. I watched Maryville real estate for a long time, considering I used to work there and my husband works there now (we're currently living in north Knox). I did find it unfortunate how little variety there is in neighborhoods and how much more you'll shell out. Good luck!
As an almost 8 year resident of Maryville I agree with Leah. One good thing is that property values have held. It's a great community that isn't easily explained to those that just drive through. It isn't the most beautiful little city; it's more about the ambiance and the people that are residents. It is an amazing little city to live in; the community is so awesome and special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville