Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

There is a huge difference in the unemployment rate between Tampa and Knoxville. Ours is 7.5 in the city, lower in the county, while Tampa is 12.6. Yikes!

I had so many bad memories in Florida that it is staggering.

It hasn't always been clear sailing here - nothing really is - but it has been a heck of a lot better than any other place that I have ever lived.

I hope you get here soon. Maybe we could do coffee.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:12 AM

901 posts, read 2,386,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

I hope you get here soon. Maybe we could do coffee.
Me too, me too....I want to do coffee with you guys, too. Can I, can I?

When I get there, that is.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Me too, me too....I want to do coffee with you guys, too. Can I, can I?

When I get there, that is.
Well hurry up the coffee's getting cold!
Pam

Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 AM

901 posts, read 2,386,239 times
At the risk of stealing an idea I saw in another forum, have you guys in Knoxville thought about organizing a "Meet up" at a local restaurant so you can meet one another in person? What a great way to make some real-life friends out of the people you interact with here on these message boards!

Old 01-15-2011, 09:23 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
At the risk of stealing an idea I saw in another forum, have you guys in Knoxville thought about organizing a "Meet up" at a local restaurant so you can meet one another in person? What a great way to make some real-life friends out of the people you interact with here on these message boards!
A couple of years ago, it was done once a month. Everyone expressed interest, but attendance wasn't always good. It worked out great for some and not so great for others.

A few years ago we had a meet and greet in Fall Creek Falls. I met and made some good friends on that day. We still keep in touch and get together when we are able.
But this could be a good thing for you to organize and try again.
Pam

Old 01-15-2011, 05:13 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
To be frank, the Knoxville group was made up more of newcomers to the area and CD; some that didn't really participate in CD at all. It seemed like more of a retiree newcomers group than a CD group. There is nothing wrong with that, at all, but it really felt like it didn't have much, if anything, to do with City-Data. In fact, I think that group of people are still quite good friends but we rarely ever see them on the forum.

We have occasionally kicked around the idea but it has mostly been like herding cats.

Like Pam said, there was at least one big "Tennessee" city-data get-together. I don't think it was heavily attended, but I wasn't there so my memory could be off.

I've personally met at least six people from City-Data, but all on separate occasions, besides the one time that I attended that other "meetup" group that I first discussed.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Please continue the chatting on the chat thread. Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville