Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 06:43 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,108,054 times

Advertisements

Maybe someone who is familar with Blount County/Maryville area could help us out. My husband and I are looking for property now in a nice homey, small neighborhood, but with nice size lots close to town (4-8 miles). But, it certainly is scary to think of finding a good builder who we can work with without being in TN 24/7 to see what's going on. (We live 5 hours away in NE GA now and won't be moving for until our house sells.) If anyone has any recommendations could you let me know? We have always loved the area, the people, the feeling of community in Maryville, but it is a big step for us to pick up and make our retirement move without really knowing anyone in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 07:20 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,382,619 times
Without hesitation I can recommend Lamon & McDaniel. They did our major remodel as a favor to our realtor; and are primarily new home builders. They are not the cheapest in town, but they are arguably one of the top 3 in quality. Wilson Construction (wife Stephanie is a realtor) is amazing as well. There is the father and the son and both build exceptional houses. For both of these we have watched their houses go up during all phases of construction. The Wilson's build their roof's with an exceptional quality method that is second to none.

I have attached a link to the state of Tennessee website in which you can do a contractor (or other licensed personnel) search. Department of Commerce & Insurance » Contractors/Home [Increase Request Form]

Good Luck.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Without hesitation I can recommend Lamon & McDaniel. They did our major remodel as a favor to our realtor; and are primarily new home builders. They are not the cheapest in town, but they are arguably one of the top 3 in quality. Wilson Construction (wife Stephanie is a realtor) is amazing as well. There is the father and the son and both build exceptional houses. For both of these we have watched their houses go up during all phases of construction. The Wilson's build their roof's with an exceptional quality method that is second to none.

I have attached a link to the state of Tennessee website in which you can do a contractor (or other licensed personnel) search. Department of Commerce & Insurance » Contractors/Home [Increase Request Form]

Good Luck.
Thank you so much, SmokyMtnGal. This will be such a great help. We are going back up to Maryville in a couple of weeks and hope to talk to a couple of builders. This such a boon - I can't tell you! I'll give them both a call and see if we can arrange to meet when my husband and I are in town. They might even be able to steer us to some nice lots. It tells a lot when you can see what a builder has behind all of the nice drywall and fancy moldings. It's the nuts and bolts and the care in putting them all together that is really important. Seems to me that you have stayed on top of that sort of info.
Thanks for the website. That is a good place to start the process.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,376,233 times
Fairfax Construction and American Home build custom homes in Blount County. I talked to both of them. American Home built a house next to a lot I own and Fairfax built a house right down the street on the water-- both $700K homes with lots of high-end amenities, but they build less expensive homes, too.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Thanks, GoodbyeHollywood. I will add them to my short list of builders. I will try to set up time to meet with all 4 builders suggested when we get back up to Maryville in a couple of weeks. We are so anxious to get underway and finally settle into our last home. I can't think of a friendlier, more lovely place to settle than the Maryville area. We can't wait to be a part of the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: