Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM

27 posts, read 56,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PN from TN View Post
Got it. I used to get gas there years ago in my Cutless. How are things going since they have finished up on the bridge? I haven't gone that way yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 01:04 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
They are still working on it.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 702 times
Default Forest Hills

Good Day,

Sorry to bother you but I found your post regarding Forest Hills in Bearden. I'm doing a genological search and am missing a piece to the puzzle you might be able to answer. A relative of the family lived in the 600 block of Forest Hills Blvd and all I have are his initials and last name..."A.S. Roberts" I know he lived there with his family in the mid 1950's (had a daughter named Ann) who would have been around 18 at the time.

If there's any info you could give me I'd really appreciate it

Thanks

Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PN from TN View Post
Carrot,
I would suggest Bearden. I lived there all my life until I got married. Bearden is a Historical area. We have Tudors,Craftmans and Trad. Modern. I lived on Forest Hills Blvd. There are some great houses there and some on the market now. There are young families coming back in . This area was established in the 1930's. My family home is the first house on the left as you go up Forest Hills. I wanted to keep it after mother passed away, but hubby didn't. I want it back so bad.
You can walk to most anything you want,resturants , groceries,ice cream shops and much more.
The schools are great. Depending on your childern ages, we have West High School right down from Forest Hills on Sutherland Ave. We have a grade school on Hollywood. Then on Scenic Dr. off Kingston Pike going into town we have Sequoyah Elementry . There are also 1 pre schools across from Westen Plaza Shopping Center. The other one is next to the Center and is a Montersori School.

This is so close to downtown. It is about 5 miles into town. There a 2 ways in. Sutherland Ave and Kingston Pike. Hope I have given some good info.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 PM

27 posts, read 56,073 times
fhhistory 0220:

Nancy , Thank you for contacting me. Sorry it has taken so long to get back.
Do you know how long A.S.Roberts lived on Forest Hills? I was borned in 1953 and the only thing I might have would be our Forest Hills Residence Directory. There was a directory of sorts like a neighborhood association at the time. The bad part is I still have those packed up after I cleared the house after Mother past. It would take awhile to find.
I do have a suggestion. The Lawson McGhee Library has City Directories from that time. You could check with them. They would be glad to help. It is located on Church St.
The name doesn't ring a bell at the time. I believe they were at the to of the hill near the Brewers. The 600's were up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville