U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:47 AM

2,172 posts, read 6,887,502 times

Advertisements

Following the trail is an excellent way to discover rural areas of East Tennessee within a 2-hour drive of Knoxville.
Appalachian Quilt Trail · One trail, a thousand possibilities
Lots of history, farms and interesting places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

22,554 posts, read 47,353,816 times
knoxgarden:

You've been on here a very short time, but you have brought with you some incredible information! This website is wonderful!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:51 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,060,590 times
I drive by 2 of these barns with the quilt squares on them every day going to and from the office. We don't have the pamphlet or map of them, but we love spotting them when we are out and about.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,151 times
Now there is a new website for the AQT - Appalachian Quilt Trail · One trail, a thousand possibilities. And you can pick up a brochure with map at your nearest Welcome Center. If you have any questions, call toll free, 1888-775-4AQT.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:54 PM

4,728 posts, read 9,088,430 times
Smile Thanks so much for finding this thread and posting!

Thank you, AppalachianQuiltTrail, for putting up the website information for us. This is a wonderful way to see E. TN.

We are anxious to follow this beautiful drive and soak up the TN of years past and hopefully yet to come. Thanks.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:06 AM

352 posts, read 877,528 times
Thanks for this great info. DH and I haven't made it to those areas of the state yet but plan to eventually. This info is a keeper for our "to see" file. If only we live another 100 years, we'll see all of the beauty of East TN we hope to!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:10 AM

Wink I have the same folder, inave. We should compare and share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inave View Post
Thanks for this great info. DH and I haven't made it to those areas of the state yet but plan to eventually. This info is a keeper for our "to see" file. If only we live another 100 years, we'll see all of the beauty of East TN we hope to!
That's funny, inave, I am doing the same thing. When I open my favorites file on my desktop for "Things to See in TN" they won't all fit onto the screen!

I have to scroll down to see them all. I am now doing sub-folders and reorganizing. I sure hope that all of my organizing doesn't take up my traveling time through Tennessee.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:49 AM

352 posts, read 877,528 times
How could one be a newcomer to East TN and NOT have such a folder!!! I feel sorry for the people born here who probably take it all for granted!! But then sometimes I envy them for having grown up in such a wonderful place.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:27 AM

Smile I doubt many take TN's beautiful environs for granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inave View Post
How could one be a newcomer to East TN and NOT have such a folder!!! I feel sorry for the people born here who probably take it all for granted!! But then sometimes I envy them for having grown up in such a wonderful place.
I think having these folders on our desktops is pretty common among C-D folks.

I really don't think there are too many people in Tennessee who take their blessings living here for granted; it's nice to know that you certainly don't.

It's great to get all of this wonderful TN information, that we might otherwise miss on our own, from all of these sharing TN natives and transplants who like to pass the goodies on.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 7,151 times
Post Appalachian Quilt Trail expands. offers community forums

APPALACHIAN QUILT TRAIL ANNOUNCES EXPANSION OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM PROGRAM IN EAST TENNESSEE

KNOXVILLE, Tenn., April 3, 2008 – Throughout the month of April, the Appalachian Quilt Trail will host a series of informational community forums to discuss the economic impact of the program’s expansion into Sevier, Blount, Knox and Anderson counties. These educational forums will highlight the project’s mission and showcase sustainable growth opportunities for small businesses through the AQT program in each county.

All Appalachian Quilt Trail Forums are free and are open to anyone in the community interested in learning more about the AQT and sustainable tourism, smart growth practices and economic development in East Tennessee.

April 17, 2008

10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. City of Pigeon Forge Information Center
3107 Parkway
Pigeon Forge, TN 37868

1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Blount Co. Chamber of Commerce
201 S. Washington St.
Maryville, TN 37804
April 24, 2008

11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Anderson Co. Chamber of Commerce
245 N. Main St., Ste. 200
Clinton, TN 37716

2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Knox Co. - The East Tennessee History Center
601 S. Gay Street
Knoxville, TN 37901

The Appalachian Quilt Trail is a program of the Clinch-Powell Resource Conservation & Development Council. Please register for the Appalachian Quilt Trail Forum in your area by calling 888-775-4AQT (4278). Visit www.vacationAQT.com and www.clinchpowell.net for additional program information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville