U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 PM

29 posts, read 31,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
In all the places that I've lived I have never heard of a store of any kind that would require a credit card to buy milk.
That was an attempt at humor. I meant that they were expensive.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 08:48 PM

21,637 posts, read 31,022,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCfromCA View Post
Oh!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:29 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,313,778 times
Quote:
they call it whole paycheck. and it's worth every penny! the customer service is awesome. Whole Foods rocks.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:44 PM

610 posts, read 751,776 times
Whole Foods here in Nashville has its own eat-in restaurant, much bigger than I've seen at any grocery store. Buffets after buffets, plenty to pick from. If the Knox location does this, then they'll definitely give the others a run for their money.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:02 PM

2,917 posts, read 5,115,989 times
Quote:
I've been to a Whole Foods once in CA. These people are crazy. They can be up to 10 times the price of regular grocery stores on some stuffs. You get close to nothing for $100. We left the store after seeing the price of several items. I shoulda known when I saw the cars parked in front of it.
What I will miss when we move to East TN is Stater Bros, which is the best grocery store I've been to. Best price, very good quality, most local produce and still family owned. I hope I'll find such a good store around Knoxville that will not require the use of a credit card for a gallon of milk.
Umm, Whole Foods does have their own generic brand. Which is actually quite cheap on a lot of things. At the same time they do have $8 milk etc....

Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM

2,917 posts, read 5,115,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Very true. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Whole Foods didn't even bother looking at North Knoxville. They just zeroed in on Earth Fare's turf and went from there.
Whole Foods would rather locate in the wealthiest part of a city(makes sense). North Knoxville is not the wealthiest area in Knox County.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:03 PM

63 posts, read 120,990 times
^ And a part of town the rest of us avoid if at all possible... haha! :P

Old 05-30-2011, 07:20 PM

3,454 posts, read 4,682,424 times
Meh. I may be wrong, but I consider Whole Foods right along with Starbucks and Panera: folks from the north move to the south and decide that's just what the south needs...to be more like the mess they came from.

As Mr. Obama said to a bunch of hillbillies in Kentucky, (paraphrasing) "I feel your pain. I know food is expensive. Have you seen the price of arugula at Whole Foods?"

It may have its virtues; I've never shopped there. But I get the impression it's one of those snobbish things, like walking around with a Starbucks coffee cup...

What's at whole foods that isn't at the farm market? Or (gasp) the grocery store?

Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM

15 posts, read 23,115 times
Whole Foods is nice. Their meat is amazing but quite costly. Their generic "365" brand is great and the price is comparable to other grocery stores.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-02-2011 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville